Sniff sniff... what's that smell? No not Chizip's BO, it's Fantasy Baseball!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Calvin N. Hobbes said:
1 BAMFers - you cant' always win. bastard. :up:

Back to Back baby! Not as thrilling as last year's last week surge, but just as satisfying!

It's probably way too early to talk of threepeat, but what the hell?

Calvin N. Hobbes said:

5 Who needs Pedro - nice try cheater :shame: ;)
How exactly am I a cheater?
Cause Chizip threw in the towel and I pounced on available players while you were asleep at the switch?
Its no different than you trading Abreu and zito, so I guess you also cheated.
You had just as much opportunity as did anyone else, you just failed.
And if I had given a crap over the last week and paid attention and set my lineup, I'd have finished 3rd... but when first was out of reach I had better things to do.

Hewson said:
How exactly am I a cheater?
Cause Chizip threw in the towel and I pounced on available players while you were asleep at the switch?
You had just as much opportunity as did anyone else, you just failed.
And if I had given a crap over the last week and paid attention and set my lineup, I'd have finished 3rd... but when first was out of reach I had better things to do.

aww...

:hug:
:hug:

Hewson said:

Heheh.... not by a long shot, Hewson, not by a long shot. K-rod and Wagner for Abreu and Zito was absolutely fair. To say otherwise is utter nonsense.

Last edited:
pub crawler said:

Heheh.... not by a long shot, Hewson, not by a long shot. K-rod and Wagner for Abreu and Zito was absolutely fair. To say otherwise is utter nonsense.

We will never prove if there was a conspiracy between that move of their's. But it was funny when it happen - I think Hewson's point is that it was fair game since Chiz's guys were on the waiver wire. I agree, I would have snatched them up if I saw them too. If only I knew when to look for them ;)

Really, they were sitting there???? Damn, I really must have been sleeping.

Well, when chiz quit he did us a favor in giving back the talent that wasnt being used. I dunno, it's a grey area for me - I would have taken them. It does seem unfair in that it messed up the balance of the league but it shook things up a little bit but in the end it didnt really matter since the Imperalistic Bamfers took over anyway. :(

If you guys know anything about the sports related relationship between me and Chizip here on this board, you'd know that there was no way there was a conspiracy between he and I or inside info.

He dumped his team, I grabbed a handful of them...they were all waiting to clear waivers and all of you had a couple of days to claim them as well and I might have only nabbed 1 at most if you had, blame yourselves and stop labelling me a cheater, I played within the rules.

If you want to point fingers, point them at our St Louisian friend who dumped his team, therefore tilting the dynamic of the game, or more likely point them at your self serving commissioner for vetoing a trade between me and Chizip which would have given me some power which I needed and Chizip the saves he was seeking (sounds eerily like K-Rod and Wagner for Abreu and Zito, which wasn't vetoed remarkably because neither of you were in close competition with the commish at the time), my guess is after that veto Chizip got fed up and dumped his team.

Ok thats the end of this silly discussion about a meaningless online game that some of you take way too seriously.

Meaningless??? I dont know what you are talk'n about because I paid the commishiner 50 bucks to play in this beer league.

But in all seriousness, you aint a cheater, my stupid little comment wasn't about a character assaination but instead was all tounge in cheek. Hence the use of a wacky smile icon. Maybe I should have used the sexy wink or that dancing banana one to communicate that more convincingly.

My appologies - Vote for Pedro.

Back
Top Bottom