Sniff sniff... what's that in the air? Is that baseball playoff time I smell?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Ahhh... always my favorite time of the year. For my money, the top two sporting events of the year as far as excitement go are the baseball playoffs and march madness. I'll probably get yelled at for not including the stanley cup finals, but hey... fudge it.

So we know MVD's goin' with the Braves, and the screaming one's goin' for the cubbies, and chizip's hoping that they all lose... but really though... what are some of your predictions for the playoffs? I'd like to see the Red Sox and Cubs, just for the humor of it all, but i doubt that'll happen, for it it does, it shall be known as the end of the world.

Divisional Series
--Yankees over Twins in 3
--Boston over Oakland in 4
--Braves over Cubs in 4
--Giants over Marlins in 3

League Championship Series
--Yankees over Red Sox in 7... with the red sox blowing some sort of lead late in game 7 on a fluke hit or some sort of error, probably involving derek jetter and byung-hyun kim
--Giants over Braves in 6

World Series
--Giants over Yankees in 7... with Barry Bonds hitting 3 bombs in a game at some point durring the series.

thus why it's a page based on one's opinions as to what will happen... so why not place your own opinions rather than just say mine are wrong... as for my opinions, i stick by them. the twins are a good team, no question. but i still stand by 3 and out. i could be wrong... and seeing as i have quite the dislike for the yankees, i hope i am.

AL:
Bos Over Oak in 4
Yanks over Twinkies in 4

Sox over Yanks in 6

NL: Cubs over Bravos in 4
Giants sweep Fish

Cubs over Giants in 7 (Dusty's revenge)

Series: Sox over Cubs in 7, as stated back in April, all day games, Pedro wins MVP, Dubya presses the big red button after Sosa strikes out to end game 7, and the world comes to an end, but the citizens of Beantown die happy.

hey mister "I like to bold the word opinion" -

I stated my opinion...Twins are better than three-and-out.

What is your problem?

Yanks sweep Twins
Oakland in 5
Braves sweep Flubs
Marlins beat Giants in 5

Oakland Over Yanks in 7
Marlins over braves in 6

Marlins over Oaks in 6

Just that bosox fans don't forget they can't actually win....remember the curse ;)
01.jpg

i want to see the cubs and red sox, although i agree with headache. it could indeed lead to the world's end. but what a fun way to go out! :D

So if there really is a curse the Sox can't do anything about it. Really, supernatural forces are at work, voodoo if you will. which also benefits the Wanks. How many of the Wankees 26 championships are the result of voodoo/supernatural forces? Well, all of them of course. So they really aren't the "best" franchise ever, we'll never really know how good they are because demons or gods are why they win, not men.

AL:
Bos Over Oak in 4
Yanks over Twins in 5

Yanks over Boston in 7

NL:
Braves over the Cubbies in 5
Giants over Marlins in 4

Giants over the Braves in 6

Yanks beat the Giants in 6 and I get sick and puke all over the TV.....:down:

--minnesota twins vs. new york yankees, 2003 regular season = 0 wins, 7 losses
--minnesota twins vs. new york yankees, 2002 regular season = 0 wins, 6 losses
--13 consecutive losses for the twins against the yankees
--last win for the twins against the yankees, 2001 regular season

even with full knowledge that the regular season means bubkiss come the post-season, we are talking about the yankees here. hate them as i may, they are the most experienced team in the playoffs. but hey, i remember in '88 when the mets dominated the dogers in the regular season, and ended up losing in 7 games to LA in the NLCS. so anything can happen... but i stand by my prediction... santana, radke, lohse... 1-2-3... say goodnight.

and my "problem" isn't really a problem. i hope i'm wrong and that the twins win, if for no other reason, because it will piss bud selig off to no end. all i'm asking is to not just say "twins are better than 3 and out." why do you believe that? i told you why i think the yankees will sweep, and i know that i could, and with my track record in the betting world, probably will be wrong. let's here your predictions... beyond just the simple "twins are better than 3 and out." who do you think will win each series, and the eventuall title. then once it's all said and done, we can come back here and mock the idiots who made stupid predictions... like me saying bonds would hit 3 homeruns in a game, or anyone saying the red sox would actually win a title ;)

you know...I know who I like.

My opinion is, the Twins are better than 3 and out. I really don't have to provide sunstance. I just know. They are a hot young team...and due for a victory over the yankees who will probably come in complacent (hopefully).

I hate Bud Selig.

I really dislike the Marlins. They are a waste of a franchise. Despite being a lifelong fan, I am really tired of the Yankees. But I will not cheer for the Red Sox (despite knowing a Sox v. Cubs world series would be cool).

I would LOVE (again, I) a Twins/Cubs World Series. That would be my own personal baseball heaven.

Braves > Cubs
Marlins > Giants
Red Sox > A's
Yanks > Twins

Sox > Yanks
Marlins > Braves

Sox > Marlins.

Henry v. his former team

zoney! said:
Twins are better than three-and-out.

Much better I guess. Looks like Yanks couldn't even score a run until after the seventh inning (I missed the last two innings when I stepped away from the radio :sad: ).

Headache!

Thanks for picking the Braves!!!!

:wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

that being said... i hereby change my pick to win the world series to the atlanta braves :evil:
And with that Kerry Wood dominates the Bravos.

Please pick Oakland to win tonight.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
you are saying that to jinx them!

maaaaahhbee

NOTE: THE PROPER PRONUNCIATION OF "MAAAHHBEE" IS TO SAY IT LIKE FAT BASTARD DID IN AUSTIN POWERS 2. THANK YOU.
goldmember_fat_bastard.jpg

and as for the twins yankees... eh :shrug: what'cha gonna do. like i said, i hate the yankees and want them to lose, i just don't think they're gonna. and if i had to make the prediction over again, i'd still say 3 and out. thus why they don't play the games on paper.

For sale: one baseball team manager. Goes by name of Grady Little, middle name "knows very". Asking price, nothing, just take him off our hands, and find out who can start game 3 since he used our starter to lose game 1.

Back
Top Bottom