Snape: Good or Evil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is Snape a....

• Good Guy

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Bad Guy

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
U2girl said:
. . . . although I think the new Dumbledore has nothing on the Dumbledore actor in the first 2 movies.

:up: Couldn't agree more. Michael Gambon has nothing on Richard Harris. Richard Harris was just a natural; he just exuded Dumbledore through and through. Michael Gambon has to try waaaaaaay to hard to be Dumbledore and, as a result, it just comes off (to me) as bad acting. :down:

FitzChivalry said:

:up: Couldn't agree more. Michael Gambon has nothing on Richard Harris. Richard Harris was just a natural; he just exuded Dumbledore through and through. Michael Gambon has to try waaaaaaay to hard to be Dumbledore and, as a result, it just comes off (to me) as bad acting. :down:

In the first two, I felt that Harris did an excellent job of doing the wise old man who knows more than he lets on thing. I think he just put too much emphasis on the "old"---there was none of the youthful fun in the character. I liked the bits in POA where Gambon put some humor in ("Professor, we did it!" "Did what?"), but yeah...there are definitely some weird moments with him...i.e., when he slaps Ron's busted leg. He was too quick to anger in the fourth movie and didn't really strike a chord with me in that one.

From seeing all the movies and reading all the books, I'm a little iffy on what to choose! I feel Snape really has a good side to him, but is a butt when he wants to be. The 3rd movie showed both sides of him, and really, I have a split opinion. So I voted good guy, because for some reason I feel that that's his real destiny :sad:

:giggle:

dazzlingamy said:
where was the 'sexy' third choice??

I'd hit it...more then once. :drool:

But then, I really think its the alan rickman voice that gets me...and the wearing of black...ad the snooty voice...and *falls over*

anyhoo, I haven't read any of the books, so i can't really comment on anything other then the movies, which seem to be shit for a alot of fans?

Just what I was thinking! Alan Rickman :drool:

babble said:
I find Snape one of most intriguing characters in the Harry Potter books. I think he's working for the good side, but acts like a jerk because he has had such a damaging childhood. I'm very interested in finding out more of his background, especially in regards to Harry's mom, and what is behind his apparant hatred towards Harry. Can't wait for the next book! :hyper:

You said just what i'm thinking. I do think Snapes a good guy underneath everything.

Bring on July and book 7. :hyper::drool:

dazzlingamy said:

But then, I really think its the alan rickman voice that gets me...and the wearing of black...ad the snooty voice...and *falls over*

Alan Rickmans voice. :drool:

Last edited:
:sad: Life is so unfair! I've just found out that I'm coming home from Cambridge THE DAY BEFORE the 5th movie opens in cinemas. And I won't be able to get the book either:scream: I will have to wait for it to be trnslated in Italian

I've only read the first Harry Potter book and have only seen the first three movies, but I think Snape's basically a good guy.

I still wouldn't want to piss him off, though.

Back
Top Bottom