Smoothies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you freeze your fruit ahead of time, you can just use milk or juice and leave out the ice. I like trying different juices as a smoothie base. V8 Splash smoothie juice and Bolthouse Farms smoothie juice are both good to start.

I think I'll go put some strawberries in the freezer now for a smoothie in the morning :drool:

They have ready made frozen smoothie mixes and frozen fruit at the grocery stores freezer section, just add milk, fruit juice, yogurt and you're all set!

This is how I make my berry one, pretty much on a daily basis:

1 Eddy's strawberry bar (it's like a popcicle w/ fruit chunks in it)

about 5 strawberries

as many raspberries as I can afford (8 oz is good)

a few scoops of raspberry sherbet or frozen yogurt

I make that and it's pretty much a meal for me :drool:

My wife makes one for the kids before swim practice. She experiments with a variety of ingredients:

milk (fresh and non-fat powder)
fresh fruit (banana, strawberry, raspberry, etc.)
fruit juices
peanut butter
yogurt
protein powders

I make mine with frozen yogurt and fresh or frozen fruit - put in blender for approx. 1 minute, pour and ahhhhh :drool:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
This is how I make my berry one, pretty much on a daily basis:

1 Eddy's strawberry bar (it's like a popcicle w/ fruit chunks in it)

about 5 strawberries

as many raspberries as I can afford (8 oz is good)

a few scoops of raspberry sherbet or frozen yogurt

I make that and it's pretty much a meal for me :drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
That sounds like a Jamba Juice :drool: :drool:

:up: That IS a meal!!

nbcrusader said:
My wife makes one for the kids before swim practice. She experiments with a variety of ingredients:

milk (fresh and non-fat powder)
fresh fruit (banana, strawberry, raspberry, etc.)
fruit juices
peanut butter
yogurt
protein powders

I can't help but notice your Dr. Evil avatar, nb....it looks like he's sampling one of those special smoothies :wink:

Muhhahaha!!

The first time I've heard that word was from my new editor. She's writting a book about theme parties for kids and she wrote some recipes, one of them was those "smoothies", we call them "batidos" :shrug: but maybe she wanted it to sound posh so she wrote "smoothies"....

I have a point in all this :blah: !!... I tried one of her recipes "smoothie of kiwi and strawberries" and it tastes really good :)

lore.

:ohmy: muggsy! we went to qld once and saw them growing wild on the side of the road. travesty. :tsk: i love a good mango. the yellow ones. never eaten a green one. are they just unripened?

raspberries would be good in a smoothie, though. this thread is giving me long overdue ideas.
:hmm:

Angela Harlem said:
:ohmy: muggsy! we went to qld once and saw them growing wild on the side of the road. travesty. :tsk: i love a good mango. the yellow ones. never eaten a green one. are they just unripened?

raspberries would be good in a smoothie, though. this thread is giving me long overdue ideas.
:hmm:

hehehehe... yeah I feel bad sometimes when I "confess" that :reject:, you must hear what most of people here say when I say that I don't like mango :lol: . Yeah, When I say that a fruit is "green" it means that it is unripened :D. green mangos have an acid flavour and I think they have a better texture, although they are not good for juices or shakes. They taste great with salt or lemon :up:

:drool: I'm gonna die. I :heart: smoothies. Actually Fridays are my robeks smoothie day :hyper:
but when I make one myself I usually just use milk, bananas, strawberries if I have them and a protein powder when its available. I just love the fluffy consistency of bananas blended into milk :drool:

My usual smoothie (which is good for lactose intolerant or vegans):

1 cup unsweetened Silk soy milk (or just normal milk)
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries or strawberries
Sweetener or honey

Blend. :drool:

Another:

1 chopped frozen banana
1 cup chocolate soy milk (very rich and creamy, 8th Continent is to die for!)

Blend. :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom