Smiths: Hall of Fame caliber?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes of course they should be let in, one of the best bands EVER. Radiohead aren't fit to polish their boots.

that last sentence was just for rjhbonovox
:wink:

Are The Cure in the hall of fame?

If not, and I don't think they are, they should definitely get in before The Smiths. They have been around as long as U2...

Maybe it's because they could only induct Robert Smith...since there has been a lot of revolving members.

dancingcat said:
Without doubt,one of the most origional bands ever.I thought Johnny marrs guitar playing was very jubilant and Moz's lyrics very witty and not depressing at all.I was lucky enough to see them live in middlesbrough on the queen is dead tour when i was 13 and they were incredible.Should without doubt be inducted.

First off, I completely agree about the wit and jubilant guitars. I also agree that their sound was EXTREMELY original and influential for their time (Johnny Marr was doing the whole jangly guitar thing years before REM was around....)

Secondly, I WORSHIP YOU!!! You freaking saw The Smiths live in concert, that is flat out amazing. Seriously, I cant even begin to describe my jealousy and awe. Awesome :up:

The OOTS said:

Maybe it's because they could only induct Robert Smith...since there has been a lot of revolving members.

:hmm: What IS the policy for bands with so many different members? Do they all get inducted? The ones that have been around the longest?

Smiths can be depressing, for sure, but they also wrote some of the funniest songs ever.

"So I walked into the palace
With a sponge and a rusty spanner
She said, "Eh, I know you and you cannot sing",
I said, "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano!"

Or

"And now I know how Joan of Arc felt,
Now I know how Joan of Arc felt,
As the flames rose to her roman nose
And her hearing aid started to melt"

u2popmofo said:

First off, I completely agree about the wit and jubilant guitars. I also agree that their sound was EXTREMELY original and influential for their time (Johnny Marr was doing the whole jangly guitar thing years before REM was around....)

Secondly, I WORSHIP YOU!!! You freaking saw The Smiths live in concert, that is flat out amazing. Seriously, I cant even begin to describe my jealousy and awe. Awesome :up:
The beauty of having a sister who is 8 years older and used to drag me along to gigs from the age of 9!

intedomine said:
Do the Gallagher Bros. like the Smiths?

By the way, How Soon is Now:drool:
I believe Noel is very friendly with Johnny Marr and a big fan of his guitar style.Apparently Johnny was jamming with Oasis in his studio and came up with the riff to Hindu Times which he just let them have!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom