Smelly question for the girly girls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just hopped out of the shower after using my scrumptious Crabtree and Evelyn Fresia Savon and I do smell rather sweet.
Crabtree is so expensive and is a luxury to buy skin products in there for me.

Girls, what are your favourite skin products, especially sweet smelling ones?
I need to go do a restock, Im out of everything.
Personally I think less expensive Sorbeline cream is the best type of moisturiser.I love those Freeman's florally exfoliators. mmmmm yummmy!
Im still looking for the perfect bath bomb however.

So what are your faves?

------------------
And if there is a God
I know he likes to Rock

Slane/Lon tour pics

So I cant answer this?

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Oh girly girly talk!!
wink.gif

I lurv the Boots brand Royal Jelly cream. It smells seductive and leaves the skin velvety but not greasy.

But the cream I use the most is plain ol cocoa butter lotion - Queen Helene. It's very very inexpensive, smells chocolatey good, my husband loves the smell and he loves to apply it, it goes on like liquid silk, and it leaves my skin silky soft and surprisingly not greasy at all. I use a cocoa butter stick and Palmers cocoa butter lotion on my face and I must say, it's done more wonders than any expensive creams I've tried (and I've tried them all) including prescription Retin-A, and it's made my skin flawless.

Get your girl on, girly!

And bono-man, what do you like the ladies to wear?

my ex used to wear caramel lip barm. i liked that lots...not too sure about other personal care smelly things tho im afraid!
biggrin.gif

i use lots of nivea things tho!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Yummy topic!

In the shower I use:

Caress - Spring Blush (it's reddish-pink in colour)
Lever2000 - Morning Sky
Bath & Body Works - Sweet Pea and Pearberry

i used to like ALLLL sortsa good smelly bath products, but alas, I am no longer "master of my domain" when it comes to my olfactory system....I have lost partial sense of smell, so EVERYTHING that ever smelled good, now smells disgusting and repellent to me...I never knew how much a sense of smell was a part of my life until I couldn't any more...
frown.gif
WAAAAHHH....

You ever tried cucumber milk mand? The body shop makes it, but I dont know if they still do. Its really lovely in summer. Im so boring, in the shower I just use Fa. Afterwards Lynx is sooo fantastic! Pity it isnt for girls though
biggrin.gif
I also use this thing my mum got me the other day, its Gardenia moisture spray. It sounds like a granny product, but it isnt really, its so pretty. My fav smell though is Revlon's Sunshine. Its been discontinued, but I was lucky enough to find this stall at the markets that had a whole heap 'fresh off the back of a truck'. So I stocked up, it comes in a perfum or shower gel. If you ever find it buy it, qnd if you dont like it I'll buy it all off you! Its my absolute fav smell in the world.

it's funny how smells can make you remember things you forgot years ago

i like the smell of flowers (spring in general) and freshly fallen snow... better than any perfumes

i know, i kknow, no one was asking me...

Spring has the most gorgeous smell of the year. I wouldn't know what snow smelled like.

Yes I love Bodyshop stuff Angie. I love the cocoa butter shampoo actually. I used to buy that, I think it was cocoa butter and almond?
I love anything Gardenia or Fresia scented. They are my 2 favourite flower smells. There's nothing better than being outside at the beginning of summer and tasting that first smell of gardenias.
God I love that. It would have to be one of my favourite things in the world. Just that one brief moment where I smell gardenias for the first time.

Angie, I have this spray for pillows and sheets which I bought at 'Bras n things' which is fresia scented and its just gorgeous.

ooh, where'd ya get the fresia stuff from mand? For Chrissy, I got this pack, with a bath bomb, and this gel that you put in the top of an oil burner and...well, burn. It smells awesome!!! My house smells like it for days and days.
You know what else I have? This car freshner that is a CK Obsession immitation, but for fabric. I'm gonna spray it all over the new pink lounges. tehehe

forgot to mention...wanderer do you find yourself just wandering along doing whatever, when some smell will waft past and take you back years to something really insignificant, but great? It happens to me all the time. Its kinda weird sometimes, cos it can be hard to place what you're remembering.

I would luv to go mad in Crabtree & Evelyn, but I just can't justify the prices!!
frown.gif

I adore all kinds of skin products and try lots of different brands. The Body Shop has some great stuff - the cucumber cleansing milk, cocoa butter lotion, strawberry shower gel, etc. They also used to do this passionfruit cleansing gel which is so refreshing in summer, but I don't know if that's still around. Freemans have great inexpensive stuff, I always use the apricot facial scrub.

An old favourite is Red Earth's honeysuckle and jasmine body lotion, but I have to hunt around to find that these days. Right now I'm using a citrus shower gel from David Jones which is lovely in the hot weather.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.
smile.gif

OMG LuvLady! Do you remember the KiwiFruit Lip Gloss in the little jars????? Wasn't that THE best thing ever!!!!
I looooooved that sooooooo much! Do they still sell it? The prices in there kinda scare me these days!

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
OMG LuvLady! Do you remember the KiwiFruit Lip Gloss in the little jars????? Wasn't that THE best thing ever!!!!
I looooooved that sooooooo much! Do they still sell it? The prices in there kinda scare me these days!

biggrin.gif
I totally remember them!! I used to be addicted to their lip balms! The kiwi fruit one was always my favourite. I know they still have the lip balms but they've changed the look of the little jars. I'm not sure whether they still have the kiwi fruit flavour.
frown.gif
I have to say, I haven't been into the Body Shop for a good while as I got sick of the inflated prices as well! It's all about the 'name' really.

I will definitely check the lip balms out though, thanks for reminding me.
smile.gif

hahaha high school 1991!!!!
Everyone carried Kiwi Fruit Lip balm in their pockets. Then vanilla became really popular too.
Im sure Ive still got about 3 jars of that green stuff around somewhere.

LuvLady, dont ya just love Crabtree?
I love walking in there, its like walking into another world. I always buy my Mummy something in there for Christmas.

Yeah Angie I do that a lot. There's this old lady perfume, not sure what it is but whever I smell it I think David Jones in teh city at Christmas time. I would never wear the perfume but i love it because it reminds me of Christmas shopping in the city when I was little. Always takes me straight back.

------------------
And if there is a God
I know he likes to Rock

Slane/Lon tour pics

Manda - they do have gorgeous products, it's a pity I can't afford them very often!! I always go in and have a look around though. I got my mum some beautiful Crabtree handcream and soap for her birthday last year actually.
smile.gif

two of my items have already been listed:

-Caress: Spring Blush Body Gel (gets reeeeal sudsy!)
-Palmer's Cocoa Butter: I got addicted to this stuff.. I also have a Palmer's body stick that I use on my lips... it's great with smoothing out skin, I love it!
-Clinique moisturizer: I use this on my face between using Palmer's Cocoa Butter, just because I love how it feels, too (when you can't decide on one, use 'em both haha)
-Paul Mitchel Tea Tree Special Shampoo: girls, trust me on this one if you haven't tried it... this stuff ROCKS--it is a special solution that leaves a magnificent tingle... your scalp feels vibrant... your senses become lively... I could go on and on!!!
biggrin.gif

-And finally, for a perfume I use Clinique Happy, I don't think you can go wrong with Clinique!
smile.gif

We have LUSH in Canada. It smells so good, but it is really expensive. I can't reason spending $20 on a bar of soup.

I love the Body Shop. The best is the Vanilla body scrup, and the Vanilla lotion!!

For just a fresh, clean, yummy smell, go for Bath and Body Works' "Citrus Basil" anything. It's so great! The citrus really gets my energy up.

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:

-Palmer's Cocoa Butter: I got addicted to this stuff.. I also have a Palmer's body stick that I use on my lips... it's great with smoothing out skin, I love it!
-Clinique moisturizer: I use this on my face between using Palmer's Cocoa Butter, just because I love how it feels, too (when you can't decide on one, use 'em both haha)

Oh my, someone else that uses cocoa butter not only all over but on their face as well! I thought I was alone, all my other girlie friends think I'm nuts, espeically my mother who's bathroom sink looks like the make-up department at Macy's. "Honey, at your age you need to start thinking about quality creams that'll prevent outbreaks and facial lines. Why are you using that 'stuff' on your face???" Anyway. Yay, I'm not so alone now!

I, er, have a problem with body lotions and sprays. I have over 18 body slashes with matching lotions from Bath and Body works. As for what smells good (of the sweet variety):
-Pearberry
-Sweet Pea
-Cucumber Melon
-Country Apple
-Sparking Green Apple
-Mango Mandarin
-Love Spell (Victoria's Secret)
-Secret Crush (Victoria's Secret)
-Lever2000 Morning Sky-->cheap and smells great
I hope that helps.
biggrin.gif

Sigh, I take only 5 mins to get ready when I go out. I'm practical that way. I'm also an uncut diamond that way. Not a girly girl at all! *feeling left out*

furry

Pure cocoa butter sticks RULE! Also baby oil, anything with vanilla in it, and this stuff that comes in a spray, soap, and cream called SeaScape. damn i forgot the brand, i'll get it and post it later, but its very inexpensive and i've gotten sooo many compliments on it!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 01-16-2002).]

Originally posted by adam's_mistress:
Oh my, someone else that uses cocoa butter not only all over but on their face as well! I thought I was alone...

nope you're not alone... and I also heard Brandy (singer/actress) say once that she has been using cocoa butter on her face for years and that she'd be lost without it
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
hahaha high school 1991!!!!
Everyone carried Kiwi Fruit Lip balm in their pockets. Then vanilla became really popular too.

LMAO!!!!!
biggrin.gif
That is soooooooooo true!! haha

I can't think of any body products I am partial too. I can't live without my Oil of Olay facial cream (and I do love the smell). I pretty much love anything from the Body Shop, but I must confess- Cocobutter lotion is way too greasy for me.
Oh! I love the peppermint foot lotion! That is the best in the summer.
I got a bunch of bath stuff from La Senza for Christmas and it is lovely. I have a jar of blue bath salts and they SMELL exactly like Nerds candy!! lol
biggrin.gif
Total blast from the past. Smell is such an amazing thing and Wanderer is soooo right. Smelling certain things bring me right back to a certain memory. More so than anything else.

Oh and Amanda- You must one day allow yourself the pleasure of smelling freshly fallen snow. It is wonderful.

Hmmm nice smelling products that I use:

-Oil of Olay Body wash
-Satsuma body wash by Body Shop
-Goat milk soap
-Dove soap
-Healing Garden Tangerine exfoliating scrub
-Aveeno Body Oil
-Clinique Happy perfume
-Noa by Cacharel perfume

Back
Top Bottom