Smell my sweat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
:flirt:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/02/08/men.sweat.reut/index.html

For women, nothing's like the smell of men's sweat

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- For women, apparently there's nothing like the smell of a man's sweat.

Researchers at the University of California at Berkeley said women who sniffed a chemical found in male sweat experienced elevated levels of an important hormone, along with higher sexual arousal, faster heart rate and other effects.

They said the study, published this week in the Journal of Neuroscience, represents the first direct evidence that people secrete a scent that influences the hormones of the opposite sex.

The study focused on androstadienone, considered a male chemical signal. Previous research had established that a whiff of it affected women's mood, sexual and physiological arousal and brain activation. Its impact on hormones was less clear.

A derivative of testosterone, it is found in male sweat as well as in saliva and semen. It smells somewhat musky.

"It really tells us that a lot of things can be triggered by smelling sweat," Claire Wyart, who led the study, said in an interview on Wednesday.

The researchers measured levels of the hormone cortisol in the saliva of 48 female undergraduates at Berkeley, average age of about 21, after the women took 20 sniffs from a jar of androstadienone. Cortisol is secreted by the body to help maintain proper arousal and sense of well-being, respond to stress and other functions.

Cortisol levels in the women who smelled androstadienone shot up within roughly 15 minutes and stayed elevated for up to an hour. Consistent with previous research, the women also reported improved mood, higher sexual arousal, and had increased blood pressure, heart rate and breathing.

:ohmy:

:shifty:

:hmm:

sweatyman.jpg

:drool:

sweatybono.jpg

:yes:

hmm...perhaps in moderation. sometimes the odor in the gym can be too overbearing. however, i've always preferred the musky scent over a cologne. according to my colleagues though, i'm in the minority. i should show them this article.

Bonochick said:

ABSOLUTELY uncalled for.

Can the disgusting comments so that this thread doesn't have to be closed.

Actually, if you've seen South Park, you wouldn't be quite so affronted. Meant in no way to be 'uncalled for,' but instead quoting a commonly said line from a popular tv show as a pun on the previous post. :shrug:

There's a skit on SNL with Alec Baldwin where he's harking his Schwetty Balls.....they're not what you think, the skit is hilarious. Just like Southpark. Manly sweat not so much. :no:

Well, for those of us no longer familiar with South Park (no cable TV for me), we don't know that. It was deemed offensive enough for somebody to actually report the post, so I'm obviously not the only one who didn't get it.

I still think it's gross, and I stand by what I said.

Back
Top Bottom