Smashing Pumpkins Live 4/16/2000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
I had intended to make this sharing of music a weekly event. work had different ideas. nevertheless...
that last smashing pumpkins thread got weird/stupid. pictures of uncle fester and shit. regardless, that band rocked, and i'm thrilled beyond words to think that they'll rock again. maybe they'll get james, maybe not. i'm trying to figure out if i care. i have this sneaking feeling that he played a bit part in their demise, too.
they won't miss d'arcy one bit. anyone that thinks they will is foolish, and here's the proof. melissa auf der maur is way better.
whatever reason billy corgan and jimmy chamberlain can find to play together seems like a good idea to me. the other option is for them not to, and that sounds shitty.
enough of my rant...
this was a concert from 2000 (obviously) in chicago, broadcast on the radio, so the sound is absolutely perfect, as is the setlist. the machina songs sound insane, as does everything else. highlights for me are 'stand inside your love', 'this time', 'mayo', and 'tonight, tonight', done full on rock style. i have a lot of pumpkins shows, and this is far and away my favorite, probably one of my favorite concerts by anyone to listen to. i hope you'll enjoy and help others by reposting the links when they expire. peace to all...

The Smashing Pumpkins
Aragon Ballroom
Chicago, Illinois
4/16/2000

Last edited:
sorry, the links didn't stick on the original post...

Disc 1 (zip file)
beta.ysi.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=23FDF722557ADC2C
add an http:// before 'beta' and make 'ysi' say you know what...
1. rock on
2. heavy metal machine
3. age of innocence
4. glass and the ghost children
5. i of the mourning
6. this time
7. blew away
8. stand inside your love
9. to sheila
10. disarm
11. try, try, try
12. ava adore