Smarty Jones Retires!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrsSpringsteen said:
No need for the sad face for Smarty, retiring is the best thing that could happen to him. He's now faced with a life of good eatin' and gettin' it on with the lady horsies cause he's such a stud. Not really bad to retire at age 3 having made over $7 million and the only thing people want from you now is to father children you don't have to support...where do I sign up? :)

Smarty loves to run.
No need to stop him doing what he loves, especially when he has a highly treatable injury.
(not to say he wont love his mares:wink:, but he still has so much more to prove on the track)

I'm a huge Smarty fan, and this is a blow to me. Instead of redemption from the Belmont, retirement. The Smarty Jones story ends on a bittersweet note.

But I will always love Smarty, for what he did for me and millions of other fans.
We'll miss you, 'ol boy.:hug:

And at least we know we'll have our gusty gelding, Funny Cide, for a long time.:hug:

Last edited:
The cash means nothing to Smarty compared to the fun he'll be having! :eek:

As far as a comparison to Smarty Jones; I've taken myself and all of the other married men out of the "running"; that leaves Dave C. as the Smarty Jones of Interland.... with Zoney running a close behind! :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom