Smackover, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was talking about problems with keyboards in Europe and shit. It wasn't all that entertaining.

She's determined to remain faithful to EITS guy, so, I do not expect posts from her that blow anyone away....still good to get updates on her trip. so far, I've gotten messages that said:

1) Club music there is bad
2) Keyboards are fucked up
3) She works with an idealist that annoys her
4) Keyboards are really fucked up
5) A certain element of this website amused her.

:)

Yeah, it wasn't much this morning, but this post was enough.

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Smackover, Arkansas Superthread

I don't think she's too worried about EITS guy at the moment. :lol:

not to go all PSA or anything but Cigarettes are tough because when it comes down to it, they look cool and most "cool" people smoke.

Nobody starts smoking for the hell of it or for fun - that's bullshit, it's to look cool and to fit in with your peers.

That's why I did it I even watched my grandfather die of lung cancer and I still didn’t care :shrug:

Agreed. I tried it myself when I was in 8th grade or so. Only a couple of times. I then decided that I didn't see what the big deal was and didn't bother again.

A couple of my baseball buddies have nasty dipping habits, but aside from that, my friends and I don't do drugs. None of us have smoked anything besides cigars and a couple cigarettes.

I've never smoked a cigarette, but have inhaled my fair share (and all your shares, probably) of second-hand smoke between bars, friends in college and my dad when I was much younger.

Seattle has a smoking ban for all establishments, and smokers have to hang out no closer than 35 feet from the doors to have their cigs (hard to enforce that part, though).

I'm of mixed feelings about smoking bans, but I have to say - it's awfully nice to go out to hear a band, or to sing karaoke and not come home smelling like an ashtray.

Seattle has a smoking ban for all establishments, and smokers have to hang out no closer than 35 feet from the doors to have their cigs (hard to enforce that part, though).

I'm of mixed feelings about smoking bans, but I have to say - it's awfully nice to go out to hear a band, or to sing karaoke and not come home smelling like an ashtray.

When I moved to LA, their non-smoking bans were already in place, and it was literally and figuratively a breath of fresh air.

healthy-cigarette.gif

I have to confess - I couldn't care less about basketball, so I have no opinions about the Sonics moving to Oklahoma City.

I am of a firm opinion that after having built two new, very nice stadiums in the last 10 years, that they should not go after the tax payers to help fund renovations to Key Arena, which is what they're still talking about in the hopes of bringing in another NBA team.

My parents had terrible smoking habits for the longest time. Never smoked in the house, but my mom had to quit eventually; getting bronchitis on a regular basis was a sign that something was off.

I pray for the day they pass something like that in Michigan but I have a feeling it'll never happen, at least while I'm still living here.

Let's see... Rent's paid, tank is filled, so I think now I'll go veg out on the couch or go take a nap before heading out later tonight. :hi5:

I have to confess - I couldn't care less about basketball, so I have no opinions about the Sonics moving to Oklahoma City.

I am of a firm opinion that after having built two new, very nice stadiums in the last 10 years, that they should not go after the tax payers to help fund renovations to Key Arena, which is what they're still talking about in the hopes of bringing in another NBA team.

I have a firm opinion that David Stern is a dick for literally saying, "Seattle can have an NBA team again as soon as they build a state-of-the-art arena."

My dad had one brother who smoked, picked it up after he was in a terrible car accident that almost killed him, did it for about fifteen years, then stopped cold turkey about six years ago when he had kids.

He's a great guy, too, it was good to see him do it.

My dad had one brother who smoked, picked it up after he was in a terrible car accident that almost killed him, did it for about fifteen years, then stopped cold turkey about six years ago when he had kids.

He's a great guy, too, it was good to see him do it.

My stepfather stopped cold turkey last year when he had the surgery. I guess at that point you have no choice.

My parents had terrible smoking habits for the longest time. Never smoked in the house, but my mom had to quit eventually; getting bronchitis on a regular basis was a sign that something was off.

My mom smoked for years, and finally decided to quit on her 40th birthday. She hasn't looked back and looks and feels great for a 56 year old. :)

My dad smoked for a long time when I was little but I don't recall the house ever smelling, or any of that other gross stuff. He quit years ago.

My great aunt died of lung cancer after smoking like a chimney her whole life. My aunt who smokes said she'd quit when the great aunt died ... but she still smokes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom