Smackover, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I proposed to my girlfriend on the night of July 1st in the evening in a little corner away from anyone at the biggest roller coaster park in the world (Cedar Point, in Sandusky, Ohio). She said yes. Now everyone's in the loop. :wave:

:laugh: :up:

By the way, off-topic - no sign of PRR Live At NEARfest yet?

Nothing. No torrents, nothing in blogs, nothing in forums - it's nowhere.

They do have Voices In Winter and Borgens Vor on MySpace now, though. Sounds cool. I'm just gonna order the damn thing. When I get it, I'll upload for you.

Oh, I see they are gonna support PT on their short European tour this fall. Lucky bastards. I can only dream of going to a show with both of them on the bill.

Nothing. No torrents, nothing in blogs, nothing in forums - it's nowhere.

They do have Voices In Winter and Borgens Vor on MySpace now, though. Sounds cool. I'm just gonna order the damn thing. When I get it, I'll upload for you.

Oh, I see they are gonna support PT on their short European tour this fall. Lucky bastards. I can only dream of going to a show with both of them on the bill.

Awesome, thank you. I'm stunned that it seems to be nowhere online. I couldn't believe it when my searches turned up absolutely nothing. Will give the MySpace tracks a listen.

Goddamnit, the Europeans are lucky. There was Blackfield/PRR last year, and didn't they get some PT/PRR gigs then too? I was really hoping that PT would bring PRR down here in April, but instead we got stuck with a mediocre Melbourne band by the name of Sleep Parade. Aussie prog fans keep trying to talk them up, but really, it's not worth wasting your time on their prog cliches.

I can only hope that one day PRR will be able to afford to tour Australia. I'd dearly love to see them live.

Achk, now that the sinus headache is gone I am dealing with drainage...

08_ddl_lgl.jpg

My stomach hurts.

OK, just reading PRR's MySpace blog, specifically the entry reviewing 2007, and I love this bit.

After the show we all (PRR, PT and crew) went to the only bar open late. Which turned out to be a bizarre yet pleasant gay bar. It was bizarre because nailed to the walls around the entire bar were Barbie & Ken dolls dressed in weird and wonderful ways. I can't remember much; I think the drink was flowing a little too freely. I have a vague memory of arguing with Steve (Wilson) about whether 'Best Of's' should be allowed on my list of Dessert Island Discs.

I can just see SW arguing about that. :laugh:

There's this awesome video floating around online of SW and Opeth's Mikael Akerfeldt answering prog rock trivia and SW just completely owns Akerfeldt, it's amazingly funny.

Goddamnit, the Europeans are lucky. There was Blackfield/PRR last year, and didn't they get some PT/PRR gigs then too? I was really hoping that PT would bring PRR down here in April, but instead we got stuck with a mediocre Melbourne band by the name of Sleep Parade. Aussie prog fans keep trying to talk them up, but really, it's not worth wasting your time on their prog cliches.

Yeah, if I recall correctly PRR joined PT for some shows last year, too.

There's this awesome video floating around online of SW and Opeth's Mikael Akerfeldt answering prog rock trivia and SW just completely owns Akerfeldt, it's amazingly funny.

How do you rate the new Opeth, btw? It's gotten some strong reviews and it appears that it's more progressive than their previous work.

I saw this post without looking to see who did it, and I thought it was LMP at first because of that damn pic. :lol:

:laugh: So did I - I've no actual idea what the pic's from, but LMP's sure milked it.

Shit, that's a bad pun, isn't it?

How do you rate the new Opeth, btw? It's gotten some strong reviews and it appears that it's more progressive than their previous work.

I don't know, I still haven't quite made up my mind as some songs haven't fully sunk in. It is very progressive, for sure; lots of little twists and turns and Akerfeldt really shows off his love of music. I wouldn't rank it on the level of Orchid, Still Life, or Blackwater Park, but I'd probably rate it up with Ghost Reveries.

I must say, though, that I absolutely love the intro track. A very beautiful piece of music.

I don't know, I still haven't quite made up my mind as some songs haven't fully sunk in. It is very progressive, for sure; lots of little twists and turns and Akerfeldt really shows off his love of music. I wouldn't rank it on the level of Orchid, Still Life, or Blackwater Park, but I'd probably rate it up with Ghost Reveries.

I must say, though, that I absolutely love the intro track. A very beautiful piece of music.

I think I'm going to start sampling their stuff and see how I like it, starting with the albums that Steven Wilson produced. I figure I gotta like some stuff from that, even if I'm not into death metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom