Smackover, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still take a disoriented John Madden over guys like Troy Aikman and Joe Theismann any day.

Cris Collinsworth is probably my favorite color guy. Plus, he looks like Will Arnett, which adds some unintentional comedy to the mix. Gus Johnson's my favorite commentator though - good lord, he gets excited.

Will Arnett is in Hot Rod, as it turns out, and I was about to reference that. That movie is fucking calling you.

Gus Johnson is the man, no doubt. UCLA-Gonzaga is the best announcing performance in the history of sports.

YouTube - End of UCLA v. Gonzaga

Will Arnett is in Hot Rod, as it turns out, and I was about to reference that. That movie is fucking calling you.

Gus Johnson is the man, no doubt. UCLA-Gonzaga is the best announcing performance in the history of sports.

YouTube - End of UCLA v. Gonzaga

Fuck it, I'm bumping Hot Rod to the top of my NetFlix list. We'll do it live! Goddamnit, WE'LL DO IT LIVE!

I loved him doing the MMA fight on CBS a few weeks back.

"THERE, WILL, BE, BLOOD!"

Street brawls? Bogans who never left the eighties? A closed car factory? Yeah, I can see what you mean. :wink:

No, surely, there's got to be something. Personally, I'm just looking forward to riding the train, since I haven't actually been on a V/Line train yet - and I know you're going to hit me for that. When's a good time anyway? I'd prefer tomorrow, just because I plan on drinking a fair bit tomorrow night and I'm not quite sure where "a fair bit" turns into a nasty hangover for me ...

well how about you come down on like the 11 oclock and we have lunch or something?
we can watch the emo's fight with the metro's in the mall.

Just going back, I only called you guys nerds 'cause I thought you were all talking about LOTR, but seems that wasn't the case. I know that you are all actually not nerds (except for Ax).

wowo you must have a sore trigger finger !

:lol:

See, the steam train was meant to leave Spencer Street at 9:20am. It didn't actually depart until just after 10, so in the meantime I was photographing anything and everything in sight just to pass the time. I didn't want to put my iPod on in case I didn't hear it coming, and I didn't have a book with me.

:nerd:

yeah somehow... well I had an asthma attack and had to lay at home while everyone else went and lit off fireworks so I think she feels bad for me.

:hug: Yeah, asthma's pretty shit. You feeling better now?

Personally, I once missed an exam thanks to an asthma attack - quite possibly the only time in my life when doing an exam seemed much more fun than what I was actually doing.

Fuck it, I'm bumping Hot Rod to the top of my NetFlix list. We'll do it live! Goddamnit, WE'LL DO IT LIVE!

I loved him doing the MMA fight on CBS a few weeks back.

"THERE, WILL, BE, BLOOD!"

The guy you thought looked like a tool played Sean Connery in one of the English movies we did this year. He played host to "Making the Band 5." At the end of the movie, it's him, dressed as Connery sitting there, doing that exact bit of O'Reilly. The reference to that killed me. Him yelling "FUCKING THING SUCKS" with Sean Connery's accent is hysterical.

:hug: Yeah, asthma's pretty shit. You feeling better now?

Personally, I once missed an exam thanks to an asthma attack - quite possibly the only time in my life when doing an exam seemed much more fun than what I was actually doing.

Yeah it is. Kinda not really. My mom keeps coming in here and asking me how I am. Shes made me take my inhaler a breathing treatment and a singular. :huh:

But thanks for asking :hug:

The guy you thought looked like a tool played Sean Connery in one of the English movies we did this year. He played host to "Making the Band 5." At the end of the movie, it's him, dressed as Connery sitting there, doing that exact bit of O'Reilly. The reference to that killed me. Him yelling "FUCKING THING SUCKS" with Sean Connery's accent is hysterical.

That's such an eclectic mix of comedy... I love it.

HEART-BREAK CITY.

I forgot about Adam Morrison crying at the end of this. Well, I just forgot about Adam Morrison.

That's such an eclectic mix of comedy... I love it.

HEART-BREAK CITY.

I forgot about Adam Morrison crying at the end of this. Well, I just forgot about Adam Morrison.

I love how people defended him for that. "He's just showing emotion! There's nothing with that!" Uh, he fucking broke down WHILE THE GAME WAS STILL ON THE LINE, and was unable to take the final shot because he's bawling his fucking eyes out on the court.

The best is that sequence with the steal, where he just stops describing the action and goes "WHAT A GAME! WHAT A GAME!"

well how about you come down on like the 11 oclock and we have lunch or something?
we can watch the emo's fight with the metro's in the mall.

:lol: Yeah, that would work for me. Can you get in touch with Danny and see if that would work for him?

Though I think we'd have to do the midday train out of Melbourne, as the 11am departure doesn't stop at Wezza (non-stop Footscray to Lara). The midday departure hits Werribee at 12:26pm and Geelong at 12:54.

I love how people defended him for that. "He's just showing emotion! There's nothing with that!" Uh, he fucking broke down WHILE THE GAME WAS STILL ON THE LINE, and was unable to take the final shot because he's bawling his fucking eyes out on the court.

The best is that sequence with the steal, where he just stops describing the action and goes "WHAT A GAME! WHAT A GAME!"

At least he's made it in the NBA. I'll give him 3 years until he's off playing in Italy.

Oh man, yes. I love when his partner stops and says "holy mackerel." That's another phrase that's always killed me.

I can't stand Morrison. My brother likes him, though, because they're both diabetic. Meh. Doesn't excuse giving up on defense.

Dude, wtf. Okay, so I took this photo because the whole badger badger badger thing has amused me since about 2003, but I just noticed that the badger in the middle has a magic wand! Dude, I want a magical badger!

badgerbadgerbadger.jpg

And fuckin' proud of it.

Come on, how many nerds swear as much as I do, anyway?

Hm, when was not swearing a particularly non-nerdy thing to do? I didn't think swearing had much to do with the modern nerd characteristic.

At least you're nerdy with trains and stuff rather than elves!

Wikipedia says it originated from an obscure village in Iceland where mackerel are considered sacred. Ironically, Bjork was taught ice fishing there.

Makes you wonder what kind of community considered shit to be holy.

Hm, when was not swearing a particularly non-nerdy thing to do? I didn't think swearing had much to do with the modern nerd characteristic.

At least you're nerdy with trains and stuff rather than elves!

See, I'm thinking more here of academic, stuffy nerds like myself, rather than the pseudo-nerd who thinks that just because they're fat, live in a basement, can't cook, and watch Star Trek 20 hours a day, that makes them a nerd. And most academic nerds seem to be the kind who want to seem really refined, like they have an eloquent, elegant grasp of English and would never be using words as vulgar as 'fuck'.

I suspect they swear all the fucking time when nobody's listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom