Smackover, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a stunningly productive morning. I've photographed a steam train, done the weekly shopping, and bought a couple of bottles of wine all in the time before I'd normally have even woken up! Best part is, I don't even feel like keeling over and dying from lack of sleep right now.

So, folks, in the space of 53 minutes today, I took 276 photos.

Good god I love the viewing platform by the North Melbourne flyover. Now let's just hope the pictures worked out well!

Must confess that although I've been aware of Mogwai for ages, I've never properly listened to them. Should rectify that. Where's a good starting place?

Also, I need to get around to God Is An Astronaut's Far From Refuge. It's on my bloody external hard drive!

OK, starting Far From Refuge now. Let's see how it compares to All Is Violent, All Is Bright ...

Must confess that although I've been aware of Mogwai for ages, I've never properly listened to them. Should rectify that. Where's a good starting place?

Also, I need to get around to God Is An Astronaut's Far From Refuge. It's on my bloody external hard drive!

Personally, I prefer Happy Songs For Happy People. I think it's solid all the way through. Their debut album, Young Team, is also very good.

And yes, listen to Far From Refuge ASAP. I think it's as good as All Is Violent, All Is Bright.

Personally, I prefer Happy Songs For Happy People. I think it's solid all the way through. Their debut album, Young Team, is also very good.

And yes, listen to Far From Refuge ASAP. I think it's as good as All Is Violent, All Is Bright.

Righto. Both are on Sordo, so I'll download them both and see what they're like. I notice Young Team has the strongest overall rating on Rate Your Music of any of the albums.

Just finished the first track, Radau. If it's anything to go by, then I expect to thoroughly enjoy this album.

So, I see Lanois is desperately talking up the new U2 album some more.

Got to admit that dampens my quiet optimism a little.

He's gotta be careful not to overhype the damn thing.

I feel that in most cases, albums that are talked up as innovative prior to their release tend not to actually be innovative at all. Just compare the talk pre-JT to now; poles apart, and which is the defining masterpiece? Talking up something as innovative just seems to be planting the idea in the minds of listeners to sway their opinion favourably.

Lanois, if the album is innovative, we won't need you to tell us.

*COUGH*vivalavida*HACK*

Still haven't listened to a note of it yet.

Seriously, would it be worth at least one spin? I can't stand Coldplay's soft, ballady songs, but the more uptempo ones are sometimes not too bad if I can get past Martin's lacklustre vocals.

So, I'm four tracks into Far From Refuge. Great album so far, though at this stage I think over the equivalent stretch of the tracklist, All Is Violent/Bright remains superior.

Still haven't listened to a note of it yet.

Seriously, would it be worth at least one spin? I can't stand Coldplay's soft, ballady songs, but the more uptempo ones are sometimes not too bad if I can get past Martin's lacklustre vocals.

Well, it's no secret that I enjoy the album. I think it's very well done, especially for Coldplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom