Smackover, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why do the call it "cold turkey" anyway? :hmm:

331418kPro_w.jpg

I have a firm opinion that David Stern is a dick for literally saying, "Seattle can have an NBA team again as soon as they build a state-of-the-art arena."

Agreed completely. GFY, David Stern.

I do feel bad for the businesses in the Queen Anne neighborhood who will lose out not having the Sonics games to bring the crowds.

Meh, if the head guru of my company hadn't sold the Sonics in the first place, we could have avoided all this brouhaha.

I do too, actually. I think he's all over the place, though. There are times where I really like him and times I really can't stand him.

Looking at the whole of his career, if I could do 1/5th as well, I'd be thrilled. He can be awfully condescending and sarcastic, and when your every decision is up for public debate you're going to get second and third guessed constantly....but overall, he's turned the NBA into an entity that had its Finals aired on Tape Delay on CBS to a world-wide brand.

Oh my god, this thread went quiet for a full 20 minutes? Hold me, I'm scared!

I am officially on vacation in one hour and 45 minutes. :drool:

And we had thunderstorms last night. Actual, real, loud, long thunderstorms. In Seattle. This never happens. I was delirious with excitement.

I know! I miss them so much.

Usually we'll get one lightning strike and a crack of thunder, and everyone's all, "ooooh, a thunderstorm!" while I'm sitting there rolling my eyes and telling them it doesn't count as a thunderstorm.

I guess it was a trade, coming from the midwest. I gave up tornadoes and thunderstorms, and gained tsunami warnings, earthquakes and volcanic eruption/tsunami evacuation routes!

I love the mountains, and the water, and all the year-round green, and how the fog and mist makes everything look so cool and otherworldly.

I do really like it here.

Top 5 things about Seattle:

1. Eddie Vedder
2. Mike McCready
3. Kurt Cobain
4. Coffee
5. Frasier Crane

NSW: A good cup o' joe is waiting for you when you come. :)

GAF: You're living in the 90s, possibly with Zoots.

Using free webpage making sites is very much akin to pulling teeth with a pair of tweezers. :crack:

I've seen a lot of the locales used in Twin Peaks - a lot of it was filmed around the North Bend area: Snoqualmie Falls (the falls in the opening credits, also the lodge used as the hotel Sherilyn Fenn's character's dad owned), Ed's gas station, and Tweed's restaurant, which is where the famous pies and coffee came from. There was a fire there a few years ago and they had to do some remodeling, but I think the outside is still the same.

I haven't been there in a while. There's an AWESOME pizza place there, where the owners moved out here from Chicago, and supposedly got a secret recipe from some place in Chicago, so they primarily do pizza pies and the deep dish and all that. It's really, really delicious.

Peter Buck lives in Seattle doesn't he?

that could be another thing that would make my top 5 list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom