Slutsk, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first couple of weeks of uni always feel like they're effectively still holidays to me anyway. I mean, for fuck's sake, it seems the History and PolSci departments here can never even get course readers stocked in the uni bookshop until the second week of semester!

Yeah, I don't think I need to be remotely serious until next week.

Not to mention I only need to go in two days as it is. Perhaps I'll be clever enough to use those extra days to take assignment pressure off myself.

I find alarm clocks work miracles.. especially for people with weird sleeping habits like we have :wink:

That doesn't solve the matter of "fuuuuck five hours of sleep is not good *whacks alarm clock* so I'm going back to sleep and let's hope the lecture's recorded and put online ... not that I'll bother to listen to it, honestly ..."

What are you studying in Uni, Ax?

I'm majoring in History and Political Science, and going to do Honours in History next year. My primary research interest is in New Zealand's socio-political history, e.g. women's suffrage, the welfare state, and, yes, the transportation network and its role in opening up and unifying the country.

That doesn't solve the matter of "fuuuuck five hours of sleep is not good *whacks alarm clock* so I'm going back to sleep and let's hope the lecture's recorded and put online ... not that I'll bother to listen to it, honestly ..."

On a completely related note, remind me tonight to look up the lectures I'm skipping today

Yeah, I don't think I need to be remotely serious until next week.

Not to mention I only need to go in two days as it is. Perhaps I'll be clever enough to use those extra days to take assignment pressure off myself.

I usually find myself slacking off until about the fourth week. It doesn't help that the first couple of weeks of every course seem to be designed for the world's biggest n00bs and are a waste of time if you know even the first thing about the topic. God, when I did US Politics and Government, I thought the guy was about to get out a map and show us where America's located!

And I think there's a snowball's chance in hell of that, Ian. I've good intentions to start all my assignments as soon as I get the topics, but judging by past experience ... no.

You and my brother would get along well. He's also a history nut.

History for the win. :drool:

I can also see myself doing stuff about Eastern Europe (especially Romania), terrorism, and the Reformation, just to get myself a faculty position.

Oh, I forgot to add, way back there...

I love blackberries too!

Blueberries I can give or take... though there's a bumper crop of them again this year.

I have a friend who doesn't like berries at all. I can't imagine that. If I see a pretty berry, for some reason my first thought is... what would that taste like?

I usually find myself slacking off until about the fourth week. It doesn't help that the first couple of weeks of every course seem to be designed for the world's biggest n00bs and are a waste of time if you know even the first thing about the topic. God, when I did US Politics and Government, I thought the guy was about to get out a map and show us where America's located!

And I think there's a snowball's chance in hell of that, Ian. I've good intentions to start all my assignments as soon as I get the topics, but judging by past experience ... no.

Heh.

One paper we've jumped right into it, another one we're covering stuff we did in depth last year at the moment, and the last paper is some touchy-feely PC crap that isn't going to be challenging at any stage.

Yeah. Every semester I'm full of good intentions about getting things done, but the night before it's due, I still don't really want to work.

I have a limit, 2 or 3am.. I find after that I feel kind of crappy. Tonight, once again, I was going to stargaze. I sat outside as the darkness fell, constantly getting eaten by mosquitos and bite-em-no-see-ems... and then the fog came in, again!

Grr

Oh, I forgot to add, way back there...

I love blackberries too!

Blueberries I can give or take... though there's a bumper crop of them again this year.

I have a friend who doesn't like berries at all. I can't imagine that. If I see a pretty berry, for some reason my first thought is... what would that taste like?

Blueberries are probably my favourite berry. Not necessarily by themselves, but in things like muffins and danishes, there's nothing better. Just by themselves, blackberries are probably the winner. Also, nothing dips in chocolate quite as well as strawberries.

Your friend is insane. When I see a berry, my first thought is "can I eat it?", followed by "is there more?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom