Slutsk, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whee! That should be awesome for them. :up:

Yeah, the lucky buggers are off to plenty of places I'd like to visit.

Though I was kind of horrified when they bought the campervan initially. I think my first words were "you're not THAT old yet!"

Yeah, the lucky buggers are off to plenty of places I'd like to visit.

Though I was kind of horrified when they bought the campervan initially. I think my first words were "you're not THAT old yet!"

*also jealous*

Campervans = senility? We've had one since I was a tiny person... Mum and Dad and I used to go on holidays in it all the time. Until I got too big to fit in the makeshift bunk dad rigged above the bed/seat thing... (and my brother was born. :grumpy: )

*also jealous*

Campervans = senility? We've had one since I was a tiny person... Mum and Dad and I used to go on holidays in it all the time. Until I got too big to fit in the makeshift bunk dad rigged above the bed/seat thing...

I'm just thinking of the "grey army" or whatever those old geezers are called who buy campervans and spend months wandering aimlessly about Australia ... like Mum and Alan are going to do. Of course, it'd be cheaper and more comfortable than any other method I can think of, but the point stands!

I'm just thinking of the "grey army" or whatever those old geezers are called who buy campervans and spend months wandering aimlessly about Australia ... like Mum and Alan are going to do. Of course, it'd be cheaper and more comfortable than any other method I can think of, but the point stands!

Ah... well, good on them. :lol: I hope I can do that when I retire!

Organised person :tsk:

I can't even figure out what 0.3 hours IS. Twenty minutes??

You using iTunes? You can get it to display the time in hours, minutes, and seconds just by clicking on it.

You using iTunes? You can get it to display the time in hours, minutes, and seconds just by clicking on it.

Not any more. Actually, I could go back to it, cos the song it refused to recognise isn't in my list any more, but then I'd have to rearrange the iTunes list to match what I've got in WMP now... argh.

*lazy*

I was going to pretend to burn them onto a CD to get an exact time for the whole thing. But that would be just as laborious... :lol:

And I'll probably have to split it in two if I'm doing this as a two-disc thing...

Blah. Effort sucks.

Which DOES pay well, though probably not quite that well. Maybe I should write a really controversial book that sells millions!

Atta way. There's a writer's festival on soon... I keep thinking I should go to something and badger someone about how to become an editor. Except I can't be arsed even doing that.

Why do I have to work?? :scream:

Not any more. Actually, I could go back to it, cos the song it refused to recognise isn't in my list any more, but then I'd have to rearrange the iTunes list to match what I've got in WMP now... argh.

*lazy*

I was going to pretend to burn them onto a CD to get an exact time for the whole thing. But that would be just as laborious... :lol:

And I'll probably have to split it in two if I'm doing this as a two-disc thing...

Blah. Effort sucks.

:laugh: WMP is the music player of ... well, not the devil, more just a pissweak, insipid demon.

And heh, my DI III was nominally two discs, but it wasn't a proper disc split. The second disc was longer than 80 minutes!

Atta way. There's a writer's festival on soon... I keep thinking I should go to something and badger someone about how to become an editor. Except I can't be arsed even doing that.

Why do I have to work?? :scream:

Being an editor initially sounds like it wouldn't be so bad. Then you think of the kind of crap people would likely want edited ... :crack:

Though a writer's festival may be just what I need. I keep periodically getting back into my writing and then put it by the wayside as soon as uni gets busy or something else comes along and distracts me. LIKE THIS PLACE.

:laugh: WMP is the music player of ... well, not the devil, more just a pissweak, insipid demon.

And heh, my DI III was nominally two discs, but it wasn't a proper disc split. The second disc was longer than 80 minutes!

You still haven't 'splained to me WHY WMP sucks so bad. It plays the music, I can make playlists, what's the problem? :tongue:

Well, as long as I'm allowed to do that :D Are we supposed to present it in a two-disc or three-cassette or ten-LP set or something?

Being an editor initially sounds like it wouldn't be so bad. Then you think of the kind of crap people would likely want edited ... :crack:

Though a writer's festival may be just what I need. I keep periodically getting back into my writing and then put it by the wayside as soon as uni gets busy or something else comes along and distracts me. LIKE THIS PLACE.

But the up-side is that you would either get to reject the crap or else improve it immeasurably. I hope. :lol:

Damn you, blue crack. :madwife:

Just made myself a lavash wrap with pastrami, Dutch edam cheese, and tomato salsa. :drool:

... why is my eating schedule so fucked up?

You still haven't 'splained to me WHY WMP sucks so bad. It plays the music, I can make playlists, what's the problem? :tongue:

Well, as long as I'm allowed to do that :D Are we supposed to present it in a two-disc or three-cassette or ten-LP set or something?

Because everything about it is bad and difficult to use and the WMA format is of the devil?

You can present it however you like! I normally just use straight 160 minute "iPod playlists", but others have used various creative formatting techniques.

Just made myself a lavash wrap with pastrami, Dutch edam cheese, and tomato salsa. :drool:

... why is my eating schedule so fucked up?

Please tell me that "lavash" is a word and you didn't just mean "lavish"...?

*munches on pizza shapes* ... I don't know what you mean.

Because everything about it is bad and difficult to use and the WMA format is of the devil?

You can present it however you like! I normally just use straight 160 minute "iPod playlists", but others have used various creative formatting techniques.

Ah right...

And I don't really have any songs in wma format... it plays mp3s too, you know.
(I just like watching the little "scope" visualisation... :D)

But the up-side is that you would either get to reject the crap or else improve it immeasurably. I hope. :lol:

Damn you, blue crack. :madwife:

Yeah, but you've got to have the patience to sit through the crap in the first place! My patience does not always come in bucketloads ... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom