Slutsk, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked over my notes for Live Survivor. Good god, it'd be long. :crack:

However, if we do it, I'd want to do it now, before the tour, since the tour will undoubtedly wildly skew votes ...

Yeah ... I'll go to the petshop soon, maybe even tomorrow if they keep worrying me. I just checked on them and they were swimming around much more, not lying on the bottom looking a bit sluggish. They seemed like their normal selves, except they curiously would not leave the lower half of the tank. Not one of them went to the upper half.

That is quite weird.

I've got a song I'm thinking of using for DI, and I got it as a free (legal!) download from TripleJ's Unearthed site... it has been released on a single/EP (they don't seem able to decide which it is) as well... that's official enough, right?

I've got a song I'm thinking of using for DI, and I got as a free (legal!) download from TripleJ's Unearthed site... it has been released on a single/EP (they don't seem able to decide which it is) as well... that's official enough, right?

Yep, that's good enough. Credit it to the single/EP, even though you sourced it elsewhere.

Back on Prog Island, one song on the Supertracklist was Pure Reason Revolution's Victorious Cupid, which has only been officially released on their MySpace.

Yep, that's good enough. Credit it to the single/EP, even though you sourced it elsewhere.

Back on Prog Island, one song on the Supertracklist was Pure Reason Revolution's Victorious Cupid, which has only been officially released on their MySpace.

Cool beans... that format for the lists is going to be fun for me... have to do some investigating with which albums everything has come from. :lol:

Well, you've got about six months....

One thing that will make it shorter is that we will be doing seeding, and I'm tempted to take the Bowie Survivor's format of voting for favourite tracks. Basically, there are sixteen categories. The top six categories send four songs to the finals, the next six send three, and the final four send two.

For seeding the categories, I need to find people actually familiar with all of U2's live eras. I know you've downloaded a fair few bootlegs lately - how familiar would you say you are with U2's live stuff?

I knew you were going to do that. Larry missed a bunch of early shows too, I think. :tongue:

So Bono and Edge's minds are the most messed up. On one hand that makes sense...

Wait, Larry missed some shows?

One thing that will make it shorter is that we will be doing seeding, and I'm tempted to take the Bowie Survivor's format of voting for favourite tracks. Basically, there are sixteen categories. The top six categories send four songs to the finals, the next six send three, and the final four send two.
Er, I'll worry about how that works when the time comes... *confoozed*

For seeding the categories, I need to find people actually familiar with all of U2's live eras. I know you've downloaded a fair few bootlegs lately - how familiar would you say you are with U2's live stuff?
Or maybe I should learn sooner. *L*

There are still large gaps in my bootleg knowledge... still haven't listened to a lot of the ones I have. I can study up a bit if you need someone to help...? And what would I have to do?

Wait, Larry missed some shows?

I'm sure I read that in U2 by U2... right at the very beginning, he couldn't get out of work or something like that. They obviously got some other drummer to fill in for him...

I hope I'm not getting mixed up between that and how Guggi used to fill in for him in some of those early photo shoots too. Not that I knew the difference when I saw a photo... :lol:

Er, I'll worry about how that works when the time comes... *confoozed*

Or maybe I should learn sooner. *L*

There are still large gaps in my bootleg knowledge... still haven't listened to a lot of the ones I have. I can study up a bit if you need someone to help...? And what would I have to do?

Basically, how many songs go from each album/category to the finals will be determined by their seeding, and I want the seeding to be determined by people who at least have passing familiarity with what they're seeding. Hence I am not going to put it to a public vote. Rather, I'm going to invite people who know a bit more than just RAH and Slane to submit their rankings, and from that, the seedings will be determined.

My sixteen categories:
Pre-Boy
Boy
October
War
Non-album 1979-83
The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Rattle And Hum
Non-album 1986-90
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Pop
All That You Can't Leave Behind
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Non-album 1995-2007
Covers (the criteria for this is that it has to have been done at least 13 times, which excludes random obscure stuff but includes all the well-known ones)

I'm sure I read that in U2 by U2... right at the very beginning, he couldn't get out of work or something like that. They obviously got some other drummer to fill in for him...

I hope I'm not getting mixed up between that and how Guggi used to fill in for him in some of those early photo shoots too. Not that I knew the difference when I saw a photo... :lol:

Hmm, I definitely remember the Guggi thing, but I'm not sure I remember the missing shows part ... I know his father caused some problems though, with insisting that he be home at certain times.

Basically, how many songs go from each album/category to the finals will be determined by their seeding, and I want the seeding to be determined by people who at least have passing familiarity with what they're seeding. Hence I am not going to put it to a public vote. Rather, I'm going to invite people who know a bit more than just RAH and Slane to submit their rankings, and from that, the seedings will be determined.

I think I kinda know what you mean, and you probably think I'm rather thick, but it is getting late and my ears are full of Linkin Park at the moment. :lol:

Wanna have lunch tomorrow and 'splain it to me?

I think I kinda know what you mean, and you probably think I'm rather thick, but it is getting late and my ears are full of Linkin Park at the moment. :lol:

Wanna have lunch tomorrow and 'splain it to me?

:laugh: Sure. 2pm?

And I thought I was the only one confessing to Linkin Park around here? :wink:

Hi :wave:

... the what?

Check out B&C it's a new competition I set up, that's kicking off today anyone is welcome to join in :)

Doesn't everyone just love it when you wake up in the morning try to shave and your razor doesn't work? That razor was screwing up my skin anyway, I'm going to get a new one later today, an expensive one which hopefully means better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom