Slutsk, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just declare 26/12/89 One Tree Hill the winner now, and save all those posts, shall we? :wink:

:laugh:

Actually, it'd be interesting to see what wins. When we discussed it earlier, we agreed that it would be best to disqualify Streets and declare whatever wins to really be second, since we all know Streets would win if it were included.

Three embarrassing music facts? I'm gonna have to dig that up. :lol:

It was a company-wide clampdown. They just noticed that too many people were going online for stuff that had nothing to do with work, so they are getting a bit more serious about it now, so obviously since I don't want to lose my job, I won't be postwhoring that much. Priorities...

Yeah, we can both run it. I figure we can launch the intro thread in a week or so.

It starts here: U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Cinnaminson, New Jersey Superthread

Ahh, right. So you're another silly person who places real life above Interference? :tsk:

Righto, sounds good to me. Before we start it, we need to tally up all the people who've already said they're participating, to make sure they're on the masterlist and to see how many additional people we actually need to sign up in the first place! I'd laugh if we nearly have a full amount of competitors already.

Actually, it'd be interesting to see what wins. When we discussed it earlier, we agreed that it would be best to disqualify Streets and declare whatever wins to really be second, since we all know Streets would win if it were included.

I'm guessing something from an official release will win, simply because most people will have heard it, and they won't have to go to the effort of downloading things just for the poll. But we all know that OTH is definitive :wink:

Righto, sounds good to me. Before we start it, we need to tally up all the people who've already said they're participating, to make sure they're on the masterlist and to see how many additional people we actually need to sign up in the first place! I'd laugh if we nearly have a full amount of competitors already.

Crap. How long have I got??

*hits "shuffle" on her list again and hopes for the the best*

See you, phanan! :wave:

:lol:

Tom Rich (palaeontologist guy at the museum) was telling us once that he wanted to take a look at the tunnel walls where someone was digging for a desalination plant down the coast somewhere, but he was foiled when it turned out they were just shoving concrete walls in right behind the tunnelling machine, so there was no chance to see the rocks. :(

Tunnelling nowadays just is not designed for geology nerds, is it? :tsk:

I know of some great tunnels in New Zealand just cut into the rock and not lined, though!

I'm guessing something from an official release will win, simply because most people will have heard it, and they won't have to go to the effort of downloading things just for the poll. But we all know that OTH is definitive :wink:

Well, it would be a bit more general - so although those songs that appear on official releases would have a leg-up in terms of exposure, I think it somewhat avoids the problem you might get in "Exit RAH vs Exit 18/11/87". The format I devised is that it would go album by album, with those songs not played live excluded. For those songs with substantially different live versions, they would have preliminary rounds prior to the tournament to find the version that would contest the album, e.g. you would have a Bullet round with the JT/Lovetown, ZooTV, Popmart, Elevation, and Vertigo versions facing off, with the winner, say ZooTV Bullet, being the one that is included in the JT rounds.

Crap. How long have I got??

*hits "shuffle" on her list again and hopes for the the best*

Even if we post the sign-up thread in a week or so, you'd have at least two or three weeks to finalise your list.

Well, it would be a bit more general - so although those songs that appear on official releases would have a leg-up in terms of exposure, I think it somewhat avoids the problem you might get in "Exit RAH vs Exit 18/11/87". The format I devised is that it would go album by album, with those songs not played live excluded. For those songs with substantially different live versions, they would have preliminary rounds prior to the tournament to find the version that would contest the album, e.g. you would have a Bullet round with the JT/Lovetown, ZooTV, Popmart, Elevation, and Vertigo versions facing off, with the winner, say ZooTV Bullet, being the one that is included in the JT rounds.

Aah, so you're after a generic sort of per-tour thing, rather than a specific performance... gotcha.

So, Lovetown OTH all the way :D

I am so going to get killed by a train in a tunnel such as this.

:laugh:

I think the railway ones I know are on closed lines. Others are actually road tunnels on lightly used rural routes ...

Aah, so you're after a generic sort of per-tour thing, rather than a specific performance... gotcha.

So, Lovetown OTH all the way :D

Yep. Those songs that haven't substantially changed from tour to tour, e.g. Pride, would just contest it as the live song in general. I did write up a masterlist and a format for it, should we go ahead with it ... it's fairly long and involved! Damn U2 having such a long history!

:hmm: sounds interesting

OK, my fish are starting to seriously worry me. I gave their tank a fucking good clean last night. When I cleaned it, I discovered it was the dirtiest it had ever been, which explained why for a couple of days they'd spent most of their time hiding behind their favourite log at the back. But when I put them back into the clean tank, they went straight back to their log rather than swimming around like they normally do. I thought I'd give them some time to get used to the new clean tank, but they stayed lurking, only willing to come out when I fed them, and even then only for a short while.

Now I just went into the kitchen and they're lazily hanging around on the bottom of the tank ... they are still moving fast like normal when they do move, but they've g ot me worried. I didn't do anything differently with the cleaning, it's all how it normally is, so I'm totally baffled. But I'm thinking I should maybe empty the current water and put in some new stuff ...?

Yep. Those songs that haven't substantially changed from tour to tour, e.g. Pride, would just contest it as the live song in general. I did write up a masterlist and a format for it, should we go ahead with it ... it's fairly long and involved! Damn U2 having such a long history!

You coming up with a long involved analysis of something? Nevar....

:wink:

Oh, so now you're glad their setlists are relatively static and there are plenty of songs they've never played live and some of their live versions never change? :tongue:

Now I just went into the kitchen and they're lazily hanging around on the bottom of the tank ... they are still moving fast like normal when they do move, but they've g ot me worried. I didn't do anything differently with the cleaning, it's all how it normally is, so I'm totally baffled. But I'm thinking I should maybe empty the current water and put in some new stuff ...?

... How long have you been using the same water in there?? Do you have one of those bubbly filter things?

You coming up with a long involved analysis of something? Nevar....

:wink:

Oh, so now you're glad their setlists are relatively static and there are plenty of songs they've never played live and some of their live versions never change? :tongue:

:lol:

Psh, rotating sets doesn't mean they have to keep changing up HOW they play each song. :wink:

And actually, I kind of fear that with an album like UF, the amount of songs not played live from it will make its round fairly insubstantial.

... How long have you been using the same water in there?? Do you have one of those bubbly filter things?

The water's entirely fresh, from yesterday. Yeah, I've got a filter, though it doesn't seem to work as well as it used to. I've had it for over a year, and although I've constantly replaced the removable filter part inside it, I'm wondering if maybe the non-replaceable filtration mechanism is getting old and just not doing its job as well as it should be.

I just put some more water conditioner stuff in the tank ... going to leave it for a few minutes then check to see what the fish are doing.

The water's entirely fresh, from yesterday. Yeah, I've got a filter, though it doesn't seem to work as well as it used to. I've had it for over a year, and although I've constantly replaced the removable filter part inside it, I'm wondering if maybe the non-replaceable filtration mechanism is getting old and just not doing its job as well as it should be.

I just put some more water conditioner stuff in the tank ... going to leave it for a few minutes then check to see what the fish are doing.

Might be worth a try to replace the filter... hope they're okay!

Might be worth a try to replace the filter... hope they're okay!

Yeah ... I'll go to the petshop soon, maybe even tomorrow if they keep worrying me. I just checked on them and they were swimming around much more, not lying on the bottom looking a bit sluggish. They seemed like their normal selves, except they curiously would not leave the lower half of the tank. Not one of them went to the upper half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom