Slutsk, Belarus Superthread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #391
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:22 PM
Just looked over my notes for Live Survivor. Good god, it'd be long.

However, if we do it, I'd want to do it now, before the tour, since the tour will undoubtedly wildly skew votes ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #392
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah ... I'll go to the petshop soon, maybe even tomorrow if they keep worrying me. I just checked on them and they were swimming around much more, not lying on the bottom looking a bit sluggish. They seemed like their normal selves, except they curiously would not leave the lower half of the tank. Not one of them went to the upper half.
That is quite weird.

I've got a song I'm thinking of using for DI, and I got it as a free (legal!) download from TripleJ's Unearthed site... it has been released on a single/EP (they don't seem able to decide which it is) as well... that's official enough, right?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #393
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
I've got a song I'm thinking of using for DI, and I got as a free (legal!) download from TripleJ's Unearthed site... it has been released on a single/EP (they don't seem able to decide which it is) as well... that's official enough, right?
Yep, that's good enough. Credit it to the single/EP, even though you sourced it elsewhere.

Back on Prog Island, one song on the Supertracklist was Pure Reason Revolution's Victorious Cupid, which has only been officially released on their MySpace.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #394
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
But can you imagine how messy our minds would be if we'd attended every U2 gig since day 1
Wait a second... THEY'VE been to all their gigs.... does that mean their minds are messed up?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #395
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Wait a second... THEY'VE been to all their gigs.... does that mean their minds are messed up?
Ahem ... 26 November 1993 ... where's Adam?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #396
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Just looked over my notes for Live Survivor. Good god, it'd be long.

However, if we do it, I'd want to do it now, before the tour, since the tour will undoubtedly wildly skew votes ...
Well, you've got about six months....
Old 07-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #397
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yep, that's good enough. Credit it to the single/EP, even though you sourced it elsewhere.

Back on Prog Island, one song on the Supertracklist was Pure Reason Revolution's Victorious Cupid, which has only been officially released on their MySpace.
Cool beans... that format for the lists is going to be fun for me... have to do some investigating with which albums everything has come from.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:26 AM   #398
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I knew you were going to do that. Larry missed a bunch of early shows too, I think.

So Bono and Edge's minds are the most messed up. On one hand that makes sense...
Old 07-27-2008, 09:28 AM   #399
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Well, you've got about six months....
One thing that will make it shorter is that we will be doing seeding, and I'm tempted to take the Bowie Survivor's format of voting for favourite tracks. Basically, there are sixteen categories. The top six categories send four songs to the finals, the next six send three, and the final four send two.

For seeding the categories, I need to find people actually familiar with all of U2's live eras. I know you've downloaded a fair few bootlegs lately - how familiar would you say you are with U2's live stuff?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #400
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I knew you were going to do that. Larry missed a bunch of early shows too, I think.

So Bono and Edge's minds are the most messed up. On one hand that makes sense...
Wait, Larry missed some shows?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #401
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
One thing that will make it shorter is that we will be doing seeding, and I'm tempted to take the Bowie Survivor's format of voting for favourite tracks. Basically, there are sixteen categories. The top six categories send four songs to the finals, the next six send three, and the final four send two.
Er, I'll worry about how that works when the time comes... *confoozed*

Quote:
For seeding the categories, I need to find people actually familiar with all of U2's live eras. I know you've downloaded a fair few bootlegs lately - how familiar would you say you are with U2's live stuff?
Or maybe I should learn sooner. *L*

There are still large gaps in my bootleg knowledge... still haven't listened to a lot of the ones I have. I can study up a bit if you need someone to help...? And what would I have to do?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #402
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm sure I read that in U2 by U2... right at the very beginning, he couldn't get out of work or something like that. They obviously got some other drummer to fill in for him...

I hope I'm not getting mixed up between that and how Guggi used to fill in for him in some of those early photo shoots too. Not that I knew the difference when I saw a photo...
Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #403
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Local Time: 08:22 AM
Quote:
Now we know why Bono forgets his lyrics

well they do have decide what tracks go on the new album
Old 07-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #404
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Quote:
he was at Ali's babysitting
Old 07-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #405
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

did he??

Tags
superthread