Slutsk, Belarus Superthread - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2008, 08:44 AM   #376
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
I am so going to get killed by a train in a tunnel such as this.

I think the railway ones I know are on closed lines. Others are actually road tunnels on lightly used rural routes ...

Quote:
Aah, so you're after a generic sort of per-tour thing, rather than a specific performance... gotcha.

So, Lovetown OTH all the way
Yep. Those songs that haven't substantially changed from tour to tour, e.g. Pride, would just contest it as the live song in general. I did write up a masterlist and a format for it, should we go ahead with it ... it's fairly long and involved! Damn U2 having such a long history!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #377
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Well, it would be a bit more general - so although those songs that appear on official releases would have a leg-up in terms of exposure, I think it somewhat avoids the problem you might get in "Exit RAH vs Exit 18/11/87". The format I devised is that it would go album by album, with those songs not played live excluded. For those songs with substantially different live versions, they would have preliminary rounds prior to the tournament to find the version that would contest the album, e.g. you would have a Bullet round with the JT/Lovetown, ZooTV, Popmart, Elevation, and Vertigo versions facing off, with the winner, say ZooTV Bullet, being the one that is included in the JT rounds.

sounds interesting

Old 07-27-2008, 08:47 AM   #378
Vocal parasite

OK, my fish are starting to seriously worry me. I gave their tank a fucking good clean last night. When I cleaned it, I discovered it was the dirtiest it had ever been, which explained why for a couple of days they'd spent most of their time hiding behind their favourite log at the back. But when I put them back into the clean tank, they went straight back to their log rather than swimming around like they normally do. I thought I'd give them some time to get used to the new clean tank, but they stayed lurking, only willing to come out when I fed them, and even then only for a short while.

Now I just went into the kitchen and they're lazily hanging around on the bottom of the tank ... they are still moving fast like normal when they do move, but they've g ot me worried. I didn't do anything differently with the cleaning, it's all how it normally is, so I'm totally baffled. But I'm thinking I should maybe empty the current water and put in some new stuff ...?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 08:49 AM   #379
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Quote:

Never underestimate my procrastinatory abilities!
Procrastination
Old 07-27-2008, 08:50 AM   #380
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Yep. Those songs that haven't substantially changed from tour to tour, e.g. Pride, would just contest it as the live song in general. I did write up a masterlist and a format for it, should we go ahead with it ... it's fairly long and involved! Damn U2 having such a long history!
You coming up with a long involved analysis of something? Nevar....

Oh, so now you're glad their setlists are relatively static and there are plenty of songs they've never played live and some of their live versions never change?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #381
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Aah, so you're after a generic sort of per-tour thing, rather than a specific performance... gotcha.

So, Lovetown OTH all the way
I tend to like tracks from gigs i've attended

I suppose it's just the feel mor personalised???
Old 07-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #382
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Now I just went into the kitchen and they're lazily hanging around on the bottom of the tank ... they are still moving fast like normal when they do move, but they've g ot me worried. I didn't do anything differently with the cleaning, it's all how it normally is, so I'm totally baffled. But I'm thinking I should maybe empty the current water and put in some new stuff ...?
... How long have you been using the same water in there?? Do you have one of those bubbly filter things?
Old 07-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #383
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
I tend to like tracks from gigs i've attended

I suppose it's just the feel mor personalised???
I can understand that But some of the live versions I've heard on bootlegs are amazing, I can only imagine how awesome it would have been to have been there.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #384
Blue Crack Distributor

Sorry about you fish Ax

If it was a dog i could help but fish aren't my thing
Old 07-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #385
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I can understand that But some of the live versions I've heard on bootlegs are amazing, I can only imagine how awesome it would have been to have been there.

True

But can you imagine how messy our minds would be if we'd attended every U2 gig since day 1
Old 07-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #386
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You coming up with a long involved analysis of something? Nevar....

Oh, so now you're glad their setlists are relatively static and there are plenty of songs they've never played live and some of their live versions never change?

Psh, rotating sets doesn't mean they have to keep changing up HOW they play each song.

And actually, I kind of fear that with an album like UF, the amount of songs not played live from it will make its round fairly insubstantial.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #387
Vocal parasite

Quote:
... How long have you been using the same water in there?? Do you have one of those bubbly filter things?
The water's entirely fresh, from yesterday. Yeah, I've got a filter, though it doesn't seem to work as well as it used to. I've had it for over a year, and although I've constantly replaced the removable filter part inside it, I'm wondering if maybe the non-replaceable filtration mechanism is getting old and just not doing its job as well as it should be.

I just put some more water conditioner stuff in the tank ... going to leave it for a few minutes then check to see what the fish are doing.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #388
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
True

But can you imagine how messy our minds would be if we'd attended every U2 gig since day 1
Old 07-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #389
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The water's entirely fresh, from yesterday. Yeah, I've got a filter, though it doesn't seem to work as well as it used to. I've had it for over a year, and although I've constantly replaced the removable filter part inside it, I'm wondering if maybe the non-replaceable filtration mechanism is getting old and just not doing its job as well as it should be.

I just put some more water conditioner stuff in the tank ... going to leave it for a few minutes then check to see what the fish are doing.
Might be worth a try to replace the filter... hope they're okay!
Old 07-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #390
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Might be worth a try to replace the filter... hope they're okay!
Yeah ... I'll go to the petshop soon, maybe even tomorrow if they keep worrying me. I just checked on them and they were swimming around much more, not lying on the bottom looking a bit sluggish. They seemed like their normal selves, except they curiously would not leave the lower half of the tank. Not one of them went to the upper half.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread