Slutsk, Belarus Superthread - Page 25 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2008, 08:29 AM   #361
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Local Time: 09:46 PM
Bye GG , try & have fun

Old 07-27-2008, 08:30 AM   #362
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Let's just declare 26/12/89 One Tree Hill the winner now, and save all those posts, shall we?

Actually, it'd be interesting to see what wins. When we discussed it earlier, we agreed that it would be best to disqualify Streets and declare whatever wins to really be second, since we all know Streets would win if it were included.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #363
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:46 PM
Quote:
Let's just declare 26/12/89 One Tree Hill the winner now, and save all those posts, shall we?
Absolutely.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #364
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: A REAL Life PLEBAn and proud of it....YES we are REAL - Wild and Bono at Hanover Quay K.I.S.S.I.N.G :drool:
Quote:
Not me personally

and we've got enough issues finding water for everyone as it is! Send 'em to NZ ....
Couldn't do that

the Kiwi's would all desend onto my doorstep and do the haka
Old 07-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #365
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:46 PM
Ok, really going now.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #366
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Three embarrassing music facts? I'm gonna have to dig that up.

It was a company-wide clampdown. They just noticed that too many people were going online for stuff that had nothing to do with work, so they are getting a bit more serious about it now, so obviously since I don't want to lose my job, I won't be postwhoring that much. Priorities...

Yeah, we can both run it. I figure we can launch the intro thread in a week or so.
It starts here: U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Cinnaminson, New Jersey Superthread

Ahh, right. So you're another silly person who places real life above Interference?

Righto, sounds good to me. Before we start it, we need to tally up all the people who've already said they're participating, to make sure they're on the masterlist and to see how many additional people we actually need to sign up in the first place! I'd laugh if we nearly have a full amount of competitors already.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #367
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Actually, it'd be interesting to see what wins. When we discussed it earlier, we agreed that it would be best to disqualify Streets and declare whatever wins to really be second, since we all know Streets would win if it were included.
I'm guessing something from an official release will win, simply because most people will have heard it, and they won't have to go to the effort of downloading things just for the poll. But we all know that OTH is definitive
Old 07-27-2008, 08:34 AM   #368
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Righto, sounds good to me. Before we start it, we need to tally up all the people who've already said they're participating, to make sure they're on the masterlist and to see how many additional people we actually need to sign up in the first place! I'd laugh if we nearly have a full amount of competitors already.
Crap. How long have I got??

*hits "shuffle" on her list again and hopes for the the best*
Old 07-27-2008, 08:34 AM   #369
Vocal parasite

See you, phanan!

Quote:

Tom Rich (palaeontologist guy at the museum) was telling us once that he wanted to take a look at the tunnel walls where someone was digging for a desalination plant down the coast somewhere, but he was foiled when it turned out they were just shoving concrete walls in right behind the tunnelling machine, so there was no chance to see the rocks.
Tunnelling nowadays just is not designed for geology nerds, is it?

I know of some great tunnels in New Zealand just cut into the rock and not lined, though!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #370
Blue Crack Distributor

Did you know that Paris 1987 ( the DVD with JT remaster deluxe cost a fortune version) is available to buy as audio on I-Tunes
Old 07-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #371
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'm guessing something from an official release will win, simply because most people will have heard it, and they won't have to go to the effort of downloading things just for the poll. But we all know that OTH is definitive
Well, it would be a bit more general - so although those songs that appear on official releases would have a leg-up in terms of exposure, I think it somewhat avoids the problem you might get in "Exit RAH vs Exit 18/11/87". The format I devised is that it would go album by album, with those songs not played live excluded. For those songs with substantially different live versions, they would have preliminary rounds prior to the tournament to find the version that would contest the album, e.g. you would have a Bullet round with the JT/Lovetown, ZooTV, Popmart, Elevation, and Vertigo versions facing off, with the winner, say ZooTV Bullet, being the one that is included in the JT rounds.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #372
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Tunnelling nowadays just is not designed for geology nerds, is it?

I know of some great tunnels in New Zealand just cut into the rock and not lined, though!
I am so going to get killed by a train in a tunnel such as this.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #373
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Crap. How long have I got??

*hits "shuffle" on her list again and hopes for the the best*
Even if we post the sign-up thread in a week or so, you'd have at least two or three weeks to finalise your list.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #374
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Well, it would be a bit more general - so although those songs that appear on official releases would have a leg-up in terms of exposure, I think it somewhat avoids the problem you might get in "Exit RAH vs Exit 18/11/87". The format I devised is that it would go album by album, with those songs not played live excluded. For those songs with substantially different live versions, they would have preliminary rounds prior to the tournament to find the version that would contest the album, e.g. you would have a Bullet round with the JT/Lovetown, ZooTV, Popmart, Elevation, and Vertigo versions facing off, with the winner, say ZooTV Bullet, being the one that is included in the JT rounds.
Aah, so you're after a generic sort of per-tour thing, rather than a specific performance... gotcha.

So, Lovetown OTH all the way
Old 07-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #375
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Even if we post the sign-up thread in a week or so, you'd have at least two or three weeks to finalise your list.

Never underestimate my procrastinatory abilities!

Tags
superthread