slump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
For some reason I feel the urge to relate the details of my current problems to everyone here. Who knows why.. maybe I want condolences, or advice, or something. Whatever... here it is.

Yesterday my girlfriend's appendix either almost ruptured, or actually did, she's not even quite sure herself. Either way, it was close. And no thanks to the lousy a-hole doctor at the walk-in clinic who said there was nothing wrong 'take 2 aspirins and you'll be fine'. I saw her at school that day and she looked so worn down, so in pain, that I could hardly believe it.. and when she said she thought she might have appendicitis (she told me later she was joking) I wasn't too sure she was wrong.

Yesterday she got to emergency and they found that her appendix wasn't in too good a state and they operated early this morning.
She's a tough girl though and the recovery seems to be going pretty well. She's going to be able to leave the hospital by saturday or sunday.

I visited her today (I'm so thankful the hospital is only a short walk) and she wasn't eating yet and hooked up to intravenus and under heavy morphine so she was really woozy.

A little offset of this whole happening when it did is that the big annual school dance is friday, and she's really been looking forward to it, as was I... since I've never been before since before 2 months ago I'd never had a girlfriend. I even bought a really nice expensive suit for the occasion. But obviously she won't be able to go. I think I'll show up at the hospital sometime tomorrow (either right after school or in the evening) all dressed up in my suit, bring some flowers, a fancy drink, and anything else that's appropriate and feasible. Of course being as indecisive as I am i'm spending forever trying to figure out whether it would be best to go in the afternoon (element of surprise, more potential time) or the evening (more time to get it in gear, less time (visiting hours end at like 8:30, but i'm not sure how strict they are about it)) And all sorts of other pointless details that I can't get out of my head. i know there's a name for people like me...

Oh well. i've said enough for now

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 02-07-2002).]

sorry to hear that skeeker, hope she recovers soon...going to see her in a tux is a sweet idea.
smile.gif

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I think I'll show up at the hospital sometime tomorrow (either right after school or in the evening) all dressed up in my suit, bring some flowers, a fancy drink, and anything else that's appropriate and feasible.

Oh Skeek, you poor thing!

She will love this; it will make her laugh (even though that will hurt), and she will be touched by the sweetness of the gesture. A boombox with slow-dance music might be a nice touch. Persian violets smell wonderful in a hospital room. (I happen to experience with this.) Good luck, sweetie!

Originally posted by SkeeK:
i know there's a name for people like me...

Either "class-act", or "one of the good ones (guys)". Hell, sounds like both.

[This message has been edited by wannabe (edited 02-07-2002).]

I'm sorry to hear that Skeek. You are a true romantic to show up in a suit and flowers. That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard.
smile.gif

skeek, you are straight up the man for this. if i had a girlfriend, i couldnt even talk to her without spitting something in her eye, falling over my shoe laces or throwing up similiar to whats-his-face-from-south-park.

it must TOTALLY suck to be in the situation you are in right now... but you showing up at the hospital is definately a very good idea. dressing up like you would for the dance, i dunno. that for me, would be IMPOSSIBLE. not because it wouldnt be cool, but that takes guts! i mean really, if you think you can pull it off go for it, and you might have a fiance in the works!
biggrin.gif

i hear girly girls like mushy-mush-mush-mush. not that your being overly mushy or anything.

*goes off to pretend he has a girlfriend and asks her what shed like if she were in skeekers shoes.

Skeek, I had my appendix taken out in a rush surgery like that right before I started college, and I promise you that showing up like you plan to should only bring HUGE smiles to your sweetie's face.
biggrin.gif
Go all out...flowers, tux, candy (even if she can't eat it now, it's sweet to bring it) and maybe bring her something to help her pass the time...a book or a good video or something.

You rock, skeekster. Hope she gets well soon.
smile.gif

-sula

I think everyone I know - including myself - has had their appendicitis miss diagnosed by the doctor. It took me 2 days to convince my doctor it was more then just some cramps or virus or something, about 30 seconds before I was rushed to hospital. 'Just made it'.

Back
Top Bottom