Slowdive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
Anyone remember this band, aside from me?

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Yeah, Souvlaki is one of the great shoegazer albums.

[This message has been edited by mug222 (edited 05-04-2002).]

I have "Pygmalion" on MP3. I wish I had it on CD, but it has proven to be very difficult to find. I may end up special ordering it if I can.

What's funny is that this album, which literally destroyed the band, is probably my favorite. I really love "Blue Skied An' Clear."

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

I saw them with Ride as well. The Mar/Apr issue of Magnet has a cover story on The History of Shoegazing. Ride, My Bloody Valentine, Curve (one of my all-time favorites!), Chapterhouse, etc. Interesting read.

Back
Top Bottom