Slowdive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrTeeth

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I think I've seen them mentioned here a couple of times, so people might be familiar with them. I'm listening to a cover of one of their songs at the moment (When the Sun hits) by The Gathering, and I like what I'm hearing.

So who are they, what do you think of them and which album should I listen to first? :)

Last edited:
I don't own any of their records (yet) but from what I've heard, Souvlaki is a must-have.

man, Slowdive are amazing. I've yet to hear a song that hasn't moved me in some way....if you know what I mean.

I do not see any reason why you shouldn't start with the first album, Just For A Day . This has the classic Catch the Breeze.

I haven't heard the cover of When the Sun Hits, but the original is pure bliss.

as is Blue Skied an' Clear

The former is on Souvlaki
the latter is on Pygmalion, which also has the great song J's Heaven

and, honestly, I usually hate getting "Best of" albums. But Catch the Breeze is the title of Slowdive's, and it's a great listen.

I might have to get "Catch the Breeze" - thanks for updating us on this band Basstrap! :up:

I have one of their albums on Cassette. I saw them back in 1991 with RIDE - two amazing bands.

I love them, as well as Neil Halstead's following bands and solo album.

I agree, Soulvaki is wonderful. :)

Slowdive fans should check out Gregg Araki's latest film, "Mysterious Skin." The film starts off with "Golden Hair," Slowdive's cover of a Syd Barrett song. "Catch the Breeze" is also in there, and I have to wonder if it's a coincidence that both songs are on the "Holding Our Breath" EP. Lots of good shoegazer songs and a Sigur Ros song that I love, but seems a bit out of place with the rest of the music.

But it's also not for the homophobic or squeamish. ;)

Melon

I've just started getting into them. They were one of the last Shoegaze bands I decided to check out, and I'm surprised I didn't think of getting into them earlier, they're incredible!

I'm going to try and order some of their albums, I feel bad downloading all the time.

Back
Top Bottom