Sleeping Habits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What are your sleeping habits?

• I sleep through the night like a rock

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I wake up once or twice during the night

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I wake up more than once or twice during the night

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • I dont have time to sleep

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I'm an insomniac

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
When you fall asleep at night do you generally sleep through the night or do you wake up once or more than once, etc?

I LOVE to sleep. Once I'm asleep I will usually sleep through the night until my alarm goes off or my cat licks my earlobe.

I'm an insomniac. I have trouble falling asleep, even though I get up at 3:45 and am exhausted all day. I usually wake up a few times once I actually fall asleep. On average, I maybe get three hours of sleep per night. :crack:

I use to be an insomniac. For the last 6 months, I'm much better! Sometimes, I wake up an hour before my alram but that's not sa bad! So I would have to say that I sleep like a rock! :happy:

I have a very difficult time falling asleep. Once I'm out, I'm fine, it's just the actual "going to sleep" part that's difficult.

At home, I have trouble falling asleep and usually wake up 2 or 3 times. I normally fall right back to sleep but at times, it can take an hour or more. I do have nights where I sleep like a rock and don't wake up until morning but those are rare.

If I'm not in my own bed, I have a really hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. If I stay in a hotel or at a friends house, I average 3-4 hours of sleep per night, sometimes less. :crack:

Sicy said:
Even on my comfy couch? :(

Yes :(

And your couch is probably the comfiest couch I've ever slept on. It's just me and some weird non-falling-asleep disorder I have. It even happens in a Sheraton Heavenly Bed, which is like sleeping on fluffy clouds...I just lay awake in the fluffy clouds :grumpy: :lol:

:shh:

If you're a light sleeper like I am, and wake up if a car drives by your house, I have three words for you: expandable foam earplugs. Those babies block out all ambient noise under 32 dB (so you still hear a smoke alarm, or your alarm clock) and once they're in, I'm out.

I love sleeping! It sometimes takes me a while to fall asleep, though. I'll eventually fall asleep because I'm so bored, just staring up at the ceiling. I'll generally wake up once, maybe twice, but I fall back asleep relatively quickly.

The sucky thing is that I need very specific conditions in order to sleep. It has to be pitch black, no noise, have to have my special pillow, etc. If any of those things are off, then it will take me hours to fall asleep.

I usually wake up once or twice...but generally get 7-8 hours of sleep each night. I'm still tired everyday though :slant: Probably because I stay up till 4 AM every night. :shh:

I wake up at least 3-4 times a night. Not fun. I miss those sleeping through the night, sleeps.

I sleep like a rock. You could put a bomb underneath me & I wouldn't wake up. :yawn:

My wife, on the other hand, has the hardest time falling back asleep once she wakes up-----and being 37 weeks pregnant doesn't help! :lol:

UberBeaver said:
I wake up once or twice, but I fall back asleep rather quickly.

im the same, I go to sleep pretty easily when im tired and ill like wake up. but when i wake up i dont usually open my eyes unless i like need to, its like weird but i all asleep back pretty soon..

Sometimes I sleep like a rock- other times, more often than not, I wake up 1 or 2 times. It's due to physical and emotional reasons. Last night I went to sleep at 9:30 and never woke up until after 6 AM, but that's only because I have had a health issue this week and not slept well at all. Usually I can only sleep like a rock if I am worn out from lack of sleep.

I need my sound machine in order to sleep, I cannot sleep when it's quiet. I need white noise or I notice every other noise and/or too much quiet.

Nothing wakes me up. I find it really difficult getting up every morning, I never hear the alarm go off. I have to be up about 7/8am every day, except Sunday, and I always sleep in.

I normally don't have difficulties sleeping in, and normally don't wake up.
But for the last few weeks it was harder to sleep in because I developed a tinnitus, which through treatment now is better at least, and now it's getting back to normal.
Usually I don't wake up during the night. But when I get to sleep longer I would wake up in the morning, about the time I normally should get up, and then sleep in again.
Usually I'm awake before the alarm goes off. It's really unusual that I sleep until the alarm starts.
I rather sleep like a rock, but for some funny reasons usually wake up when the door bell rings. The bell at my flat's door is really loud, so no wonder about that, but the other bell from the intercom is rather low, but still it wakes me up. But that's ok since it usually is the mailman and I want my mail :)
I've no problems sleeping in when I'm elsewhere as long as the bed, couch or whatever is not too uncomfortable. So I can't complain.

What I hate is that when I have to get up earlier than usual I will wake up several times during the night and having difficulties to sleep in again. Same happens when I've got something to do the next morning, like writing an exam, giving a presentation or travelling. That sucks.

i wake up at least 2 times. falling back asleep takes a while too.

For those who wake up, what do you wake up for?

To pee?
No reason at all?
Significant other knocks you in the head?

I usually wake up once during the night after 6 or 7 hours to go to the bathroom and then fall asleep (assuming that I don't have to be up for work).

Back
Top Bottom