Sleeping Habits - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: What are your sleeping habits?
I sleep through the night like a rock 28 30.11%
I wake up once or twice during the night 40 43.01%
I wake up more than once or twice during the night 11 11.83%
I dont have time to sleep 3 3.23%
I'm an insomniac 11 11.83%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:28 PM
Lifelong insomniac here.

I've tried pretty much everything. Melatonin works well for me, except after about 2 weeks of regular use, my body catches on and realizes I'm cheating. So if I use it, I do so cyclically.

My problem is mainly falling asleep. My secondary problem is that I'm a light sleeper and even on a good night, wake up at least 3-5 times. But I never have trouble going back to sleep, it's just that I don't sleep in 8 hour chunks.

This year is going really well so far in that I've stopped working out after 6 pm, and that seems to be helping (makes sense). I also try not to eat after 7, unless it's a tiny snack or piece of fruit. That also helps.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:59 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:28 PM
I sleep pretty well, it's getting TO sleep that's been the problem lately.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #63
Refugee

Local Time: 10:28 PM
More often than not, I sleep like a rock through the night. Usually fall asleep very easily.

On the rare occasion, it takes me half an hour or an hour to fall asleep.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:53 PM   #64
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:28 AM
Insomniac But I do have some nights that I sleep pretty good. (Never 8 hours though) I even gave up caffeine but it didn't change anything. When I do get really sleepy though, at least I can sleep just about anywhere, good thing my fave chair is really big and comfy.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:43 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:28 AM
Usually through the night, but I'll wake up if there's a reason to (cat usually or odd noise). But it's right back to sleep when things are taken care of. I fall asleep pretty easily if things are quiet, and if need be I'll think about something I'd like to dream about. That works well for me, as I'm usually out within a few minutes. If I'm tired, I could fall asleep on a pile of rocks.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:23 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:28 PM
I usually sleep like a log. On rare occasions I may wake up early in the morning with a parched throat, so I always keep a glass of water handy by the bed.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 AM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Lifelong insomniac here.

I've tried pretty much everything. Melatonin works well for me, except after about 2 weeks of regular use, my body catches on and realizes I'm cheating. So if I use it, I do so cyclically.

My problem is mainly falling asleep. My secondary problem is that I'm a light sleeper and even on a good night, wake up at least 3-5 times. But I never have trouble going back to sleep, it's just that I don't sleep in 8 hour chunks.

This year is going really well so far in that I've stopped working out after 6 pm, and that seems to be helping (makes sense). I also try not to eat after 7, unless it's a tiny snack or piece of fruit. That also helps.
Yeah, same here, I guess... I use Melatonin too, because my body doesn't seem to be producing enough of it Guess I'm going to have to accept that sleeping just isn't my thing... It hasn't been since I was a little kid, but it has been improving over the years, so that's a good thing But sleeping 8 hours straight is something which I still have to learn to achieve someday. A lot of dreaming is something that isn't really helping either
Old 10-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #68
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:28 AM
I'm a very light sleeper. I normally don't get a good night's sleep. How many times I wake up a night depends on what's going on in my life.

On a side note, I haven't used an alarm clock in many many years. I don't need one.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Saracene
I usually sleep like a log. On rare occasions I may wake up early in the morning with a parched throat, so I always keep a glass of water handy by the bed.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #70
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Lifelong insomniac here.

Working out late at night is an absolute detriment to sleep...specifically weightlifting. I think a light jog can actually help with relaxation, but with weights, the adrenaline seems to last a while longer.

I wish I could just eat a tiny piece of fruit after 7! I tend to snack too much late at night...mostly healthy stuff, but I have a horrible weakness for anything chocolate, as well as coffee. It's no wonder I'm often just lying there late at night, thinking about the earth, space, and how weird it is that we're all here!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 AM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:28 PM
I don't sleep much, I think it's such a waste of time. I usually fall aspleep very quickly, but I have a light sleep and the most extraordinary dreams. When I start to wake up in the morning, I usually have problems going back to sleep, and I begin to think about all kinds of things that are bothering me, so I get up and I sometimes get up very early and start making use of the day. I like to work in the mornings.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Utoo
I sleep like a rock. You could put a bomb underneath me & I wouldn't wake up.

My wife, on the other hand, has the hardest time falling back asleep once she wakes up-----and being 37 weeks pregnant doesn't help!
You better learn to wake up when that baby cries! Hubbies should def share in the 'get up in the middle of the night' duties!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

As long as I'm not worried about work and whatnot, I can get to sleep within minutes of laying down as long as my husband is there. If he's not there I have a really hard time falling asleep. He says the same is true for him (but maybe he's just saying that to make me feel better!)

Then I usually only wake up once to pee, unless my son has a problem (nightmare, wet the bed, etc).