Sleeping Habits - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
View Poll Results: What are your sleeping habits?
I sleep through the night like a rock 28 30.11%
I wake up once or twice during the night 40 43.01%
I wake up more than once or twice during the night 11 11.83%
I dont have time to sleep 3 3.23%
I'm an insomniac 11 11.83%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Zootlesque

I sometimes do that.

But most of the time I'm sleeping soundly and have to hit the snooze button when the alarm goes off! I hate mornings!

Sure enough, today I wake up half an hour before my alarm is set to go off

Old 10-19-2007, 10:37 AM   #47
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 01:00 PM

This might be borderline TMI, but there are some nights I wake up several times to go to the bathroom. Before you go thinking that maybe I have a problem...when I sleep on the couch or the regular bed in the guest room, I usually sleep through the night, maybe wake up once. When I sleep in our regular bed...the waterbed...I sometimes have to get up and go a lot. I think that bed makes me have to go.

I usually have a hard time falling asleep though. My boyfriend doesn't. He's out almost instantly, and he starts snoring, which makes it even harder to fall asleep.

"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at]
Old 10-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 05:00 PM
I'm not an insomniac, but I have a hard time making myself go to bed and making myself go back to sleep when I wake up. I fall asleep ridiculously quickly (always under three minutes), though. I wake up a couple of times during the night, especially if I hear any noises (usually the 50 or so years' worth of soot making the lining fall from the inside of our chimney in small pieces ) or if I'm too hot or too cold. My husband talks in his sleep sometimes, but that doesn't wake me up as often now as it used to.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 10:00 AM
I love sleeping!
I ADORE naps.

Fast to go to sleep.
I sleep like a vampire; hands on my chest and I don't move at all. ...the next morning, I am in the same position.
I also like to have a pillow covering my eyes

And If I don't have an alarm and I need to get up early in the morning; I drink lots of water, so that I have to get up to go pee.
I know, TMI.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict
I go through waves. Sometimes I go to bed and fall asleep right away, but most of the time I go to bed and lie there for an hour or longer before I fall asleep. How tired I am has nothing to do with how I fall asleep; it's whether or not I'm actually sleepy, and sometimes sleepiness doesn't matter either. It's really frustrating after a few consecutive nights of just lying there, wondering if I am going to ever sleep. Regardless of how easily I fall asleep, I am surprised when I wake up in the morning and don't remember waking up at all during the night.

I can fall asleep on the couch with all the lights in the house on and the TV blaring. When I try to go to sleep in bed, the lights need to be off, I can't be too warm or too cold, the covers have to be pulled up over my ear, and it has to be quiet, other than the other person in the room breathing. There's a bar 3 blocks away that has really loud outdoor concerts on random Tuesday nights for like 10 people on their small deck, and they have caused me many sleepy Wednesdays. That's also frustrating, since TV puts me right out but a little music from down the street keeps me up.

I usually manage to wake up a few minutes before my alarm goes off, which is good because then I don't disturb the roomie.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Utoo
For those who wake up, what do you wake up for?

To pee?
No reason at all?
Significant other knocks you in the head?
Usually, if it happens, no reason at all.

Having posted this, I needed a bit longer to fall asleep (which might have been because I slept late on Thursday) and woke up once at 5.15am for no reason.
Then I had some shitty dreams for the last half to one hour and was happy when the alarm went off.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #52
love, blood, life
Local Time: 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Utoo
For those who wake up, what do you wake up for?

To pee?
No reason at all?
Significant other knocks you in the head?
My fiance's snoring wakes me up Before I moved in with him though my worried thoughts are usually what would wake me up. Or if I was really excited about something.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 12:00 PM
Originally posted by angelordevil

That's roughly Bullet the Blue Sky time?

I think I'm actually going to bed now...earlier today, I almost fell asleep at a crosswalk.
Yeah, I think the farthest I've gotten is Streets, although I start on Mofo.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by LyricalDrug
If you're a light sleeper like I am, and wake up if a car drives by your house, I have three words for you: expandable foam earplugs. Those babies block out all ambient noise under 32 dB (so you still hear a smoke alarm, or your alarm clock) and once they're in, I'm out.
I've tried those, but they feel too uncomfortable to sleep in .
Old 10-19-2007, 02:32 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Originally posted by ThoraSEB
I love sleeping!

The sucky thing is that I need very specific conditions in order to sleep. It has to be pitch black, no noise, have to have my special pillow, etc. If any of those things are off, then it will take me hours to fall asleep.
OMG, are we the same person!

Lately I've been trying to sleep with the window open for a little night breeze/ventilation, but my upstairs neighbor's TV and nighttime phone calls just frustrate me and I usually end up closing the window.

It takes me about 5 to 15 minutes to fall asleep, but once I'm out, I'm out! I may wake up once or twice to pee, but it's right back to solid sack time after I stumble back to bed!

Yeah, and there's a minimum of 3 Snooze-Buttons involved before I'm up again.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #56
War Child
It takes up to a hour or so for me to go to sleep. Then I wake up 2 to 3 times in the night, then wake up at around 6 or 5:30, when I don't have to wake up until 8:15, 8:30 at the lastest for classes. I hate those days. One of the good things about being hard of hearing is that I can't hear most noise.... expect for snoring, my door opening or closing (it's very sqeaky), or people knocking loudly. I've been very tired lately, been taking naps during the days.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:26 AM   #57
love, blood, life
I voted that I sleep through the night like a rock, although on occasions I wake up once or twice due to a mysterious little creature with big ears and whiskers
Old 10-20-2007, 02:42 AM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 09:00 AM
Old 10-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:00 PM
Unfortunately, I normally wake up 4 or 5 times a night (sometimes even more). Does that mean I'm an insomniac?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:04 PM   #60
love, blood, life
I usually fall asleep within 30 minutes and the only times I wake up during the night is if I'm extremely worried about something, or if I have a dream. I rarely dream, so I pretty much sleep all the way through the night most of the time.