'Sleeping Bag' by ZZ Top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layton

War Child
Kings of guitar licks, these guys are. As usual, this song has a good one. Stupid synthesizer stuff practically ruins the song, though. I swear they programmed their drums on this song, too. What makes great bands do dumbass things, I'll never know.

Rating: 5.5/10

Well, let's just talk about their GREAT songs instead : how 'bout ...

Gimme All Your Lovin', Got Me Under Pressure, Sharp Dressed Man, I Need You Tonight, Legs, Thug, Stages, Woke Up With Wood, Rough Boy, Planet Of Women, I Got The Message, Velcro Fly, and Delirious ... just to name some here ... :applaud:
IMO, there's nothing dumbass about them or their music !!

MsMofoGone said:
Well, let's just talk about their GREAT songs instead : how 'bout ...

Gimme All Your Lovin', Got Me Under Pressure, Sharp Dressed Man, I Need You Tonight, Legs, Thug, Stages, Woke Up With Wood, Rough Boy, Planet Of Women, I Got The Message, Velcro Fly, and Delirious ... just to name some here ... :applaud:
IMO, there's nothing dumbass about them or their music !!

Sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that ZZ Top are a crap band. Quite to the contrary. I guess what I was getting at is the phenomenon of great bands doing bad things with their music. So many have done it. This was an example I thought of and wondered if ZZ Top fans felt the same way about this song.

Layton said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that ZZ Top are a crap band. Quite to the contrary. I guess what I was getting at is the phenomenon of great bands doing bad things with their music. So many have done it. This was an example I thought of and wondered if ZZ Top fans felt the same way about this song.

Well, you mentioned how they do dumbass things and that's why I said they are far from dumb-assed. Changing your opinion to great bands doing bad things with their music ... makes your point alot easier to understand ... And yes, I now agree with what you're expressing here ... that "Sleeping Bag" is NOT one of their BEST songs either !!

I always liked "Sleeping Bag." :sad: Maybe it's because of nostalgic reasons. I also happen to like their remake of "Viva Las Vegas." The one song that always drove me batty was "Tube Steak Boogie."

Back
Top Bottom