Sleeping Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Does anyone listen to an album before sleeping.

I use Porcupine Tree's LIGHTBULB SUN.

I put the CD player in the sleep mode ( timer generally 40-45 minutes)... and by the 5th or 6th song, I am wide asleep and dreaming.

I have been using this album for last 1 month or so.

AcrobatMan

During my freshman year of college, I used to listen to Sarah McLauchlan's Fumbling Towards Ecstacy when I was trying to take a nap. The best of Simon and Garfunkel works nicely for me as well.

Oh yeah.

I'm not one of those people who can spontaneously fall asleep anywhere (like so many people I know), but if I'm in a car and Pink Floyd's Echoes is playing, I'm out like a light.

Daniel Lanois' Shine is filled with pedal steel instruments and is some mad sleepy listening.

I almost always use music to sleep. I have a discman I keep in bed with me and just put it on repeat all and have it playing all night. Took a while to get used to sleeping in headphones, but now I can't sleep if it's too quiet.

Great sleeping CDs for me include:

Wires; Second Storey -- Art of Fighting (these are my current ones)
Hope Springs; Storms Dressed As Stars -- Gersey
Isidore -- self titled
Good Fortunes (Night Play disc) -- The Penny Drops (a 2 cd set. One disc is Day Play, one is Night Play)
Gilt Trip -- Steve and Russell Kilbey
Bastard Universe -- The Church (BU is the 80 minute jam session which is the bonus disc to Hologram of Baal)
Jammed -- The Church
After Everything Now This -- The Church
Save the Ones You Love -- Halogen

sleeping album

Sting- Fields of Gold (greatest hits from 84-94) always works for
me, especially the song fields of gold
U2- The Unforgettable Fire- song mlk is good always

I always seem to fall asleep with a CD on recently. Generally it depends on the mood I'm in but for about a month I found that I couldn't sleep unless I had A Perfect Circle's first album on :| and it had to be only the first 6 tracks :eyebrow:
Others that I keep going back to are Jeff Buckley - Grace, Wilco - Being There (disc 2), U2 - Achtung Baby and Michael Hutchence's solo album. :)

High school:
Deep Forest - Deep Forest
Some Yanni album my roommate had

In college:
BoyzIIMen - II
Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope
Counting Crows - August and Everything After

More recently:
Radiohead - Kid A
The Svadistana Chillout Mix or the chillout station at DI
Sports radio

I used to listen to ( ) all the time to go to sleep, but now it doesn't work. Godspeed You! Black Emperor is what I've been using recently, or Interpol's first album.

Just make sure you don't mix these up with your driving CD's!!

I find out these are good songs to put me a sleep: Oasis-Champagne Supernova. Apollo 440-Stop the Rock (Don't ask why! lol! ;) :p)

After reading this thread last night, I realized I hadn't listened to music while falling asleep for a long time. I popped in Ryan Adams' Love Is Hell, Part One, and it was a good one. :up:

Back
Top Bottom