Sleater-Kinney: The Woods - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 07-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #16
Local Time: 07:08 AM
I've been listening to this album nonstop for days. In my top 5 for 2005 so far, and I would dare say that it will be when the year is over.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:30 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:08 AM
Jumpers is an awesome song

great album

Old 07-02-2005, 04:51 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:08 PM
Can't comment on the new one much as i haven't heard it much, but as a rule Sleater Kinney work for me. They do kick ass and I love the call-and-response thing they have going on in a lot of their songs (which, yes, includes the screeching-cat lady).
Old 07-02-2005, 11:53 AM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 05:08 AM
Best Album of the Year so far, BY far. I was a huge fan of One Beat but this is their crowning achievement. Their sound just developed into a whole new frontier on this record.

And they kicked so much ass when I saw them live. They played EVERY song off the new album. What a testament to how confident they are in what they've put together here. Carrie was like a Hendrix reincarnation unleashed on the stage. She is a guitar god.

Yes, Corin Tucker's voice is a "grower". But I also disliked the voices of Michael Stipe, Perry Ferrell, Billy Corgan, Bob Dylan, and even Joni Mitchell before I became big fans. She has a powerful voice, one full of conviction, and on The Woods it's just glorious.

After I saw the concert, I said to my friends, Sleater-Kinney may very well be the best band in the world right now. They are at the total peak of their powers.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:32 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:08 PM
I finally listened to the album this week. It's not on par with Love Beat, IMO, but still fantastic and continues S-K's amazingly consistent run. I absolutely cannot stand "Let's Call It Love" though; I tried to give it a go five times or so and my patience just snapped mid-way every single time. It's just the absolute worst thing they've ever recorded.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:21 PM   #21
love, blood, life
Local Time: 08:08 PM

"After eleven years as a band, Sleater-Kinney have decided to go on indefinite hiatus.

The upcoming summer shows will be our last. As of now, there are no plans for future tours or recordings. We feel lucky to have had the support of many wonderful people over the years. We want to thank everyone who has worked with us, written kind words about us, performed with us, and inspired us.

But mostly we want to extend our gratitude to our amazing fans. You have been a part of our story from the beginning. We could not have made our music without your enthusiasm, passion, and loyalty. It is you who have made the entire journey worthwhile."
Old 06-27-2006, 11:39 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I don't know their work as well as I'd like to, but I still know that this is a huge loss
Old 06-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #23
Blue Meth Addict
Yeah, this is indeed too bad. I almost feel like I should go out and buy The Woods just so I have something in their honor.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #24
War Child
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Saw them at the Troc in Philly a few years back. Glad I went. A good band who will be missed.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:08 AM
America's best band and of the three or four best in the world...god, what a fucking loss.

I cried when this news broke. Hard. Pay no attention to the bullshit Stylus feature on the band which was posted, today. It is incoherent, confusing, poorly written, and needlessly vindictive.

I loved this band and I love this band.

This is the worst thing to happen to music in a while. Like, Rehearsing My Choir-style bad. Seriously.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
I only got into them during this past year!

This really sucks.