Ska and swing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomeranger

The Fly
If you want to hear the "founders" of ska and reggae definitely give a listen to the The Skatalites album: Foundation Ska.

If you're just looking for a download or two check out their cover of the Beatles song, I Should Have Known Better. Their version of the James Bond theme is also really good!

I'm really starting to like music with horns. I like Cherry Poppin' Daddies, Reel Big Fish, Bosstones, early No Doubt, some Brian Setzer. Anyone else like this stuff? Anyone I should check out?

------------------
The King has spoken!

PLEBA- You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :)

Tpyos skcu

Have you asked the right question. I'm what we refer to in the ska scene as an OG rude girl , and baby can I point you in some musical directions. THE ska band of the moment, in the dying embers of the third wave is definatly the Slakers. They have an amazing band and put on one hell of a show. Also check out the Toasters, Dr. Ring Ding and the Senior All Stars, the Diablotones, Easy Big Fella and, of course, the Specials.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.

Aside from my devotion to U2, I'm a HUGE Ska fan!!! I go to every show that I can! Basicly I'm a skankin fool!!!

Totally check out the Toasters!!! I know a couple of those guys and they are way cool!!!

Also Pietasters, Hepcat, Aquabats,Less than Jack, The Speicals. RBF is awesome! I just saw them a few months ago in Philly.. Great show! Met Adam Birch of the Specials there as well... Very cool!!! Also you should check out the Bosstones, still one of my favs!

The Specials were well cool, I never realised ther was so many Ska bands kicking about, I will hunt down some of your reccomendations..

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Back
Top Bottom