Six Feet Under appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*sofia*

Refugee
People who are with me on this, gather 'round! Great acting, beautifully written characters, not as much sugarcoating as other shows. (I think it's easier on HBO..lol) Funny too. Quite dark..

Ooooh, finally someone with a good taste in tv shows! :wink: I absolutely adore (as much as you can adore something fictional) Six Feet Under and my week is ruined if I miss an episode... not that it'd happen a lot as it's nearly impossible to forget something so great!

Lol Ava, I'm from Finland too! Jyväskylä, haha.. where are you from? (I don't think it's allowed to write anything but english here..)
It's horrible waiting a whole week for a new episode..

So nice to meet a fellow Finn here!! :wave: Must be the "darkness" of the show that appeals to us...and the very odd, nearly Finnish sense of humour! :wink:

Oh and I'm from Savonlinna, not that far from you!

Last edited:
Hello, I think I love you!

SFU is my favourite show EVER! I'm so sad that it's all over here in the US but I still watch reruns.

You're on the fourth season in Finland. Lucky, you have one more season of new (for you) episodes to enjoy.

It's truly one of the finest drama series ever aired on TV. I think it ended as well as it could, it's just that no one wanted it to!

nobody wants to make a show like this one because its too pretentious

alot like music

you DO NOT see a ridiculous bunch of people who want to be u2 impersonators

the episode All Alone from season 5 is one of the saddest hours of television imagineable

it was just depression therapy at its finest: the acting, as opposed to the remainder of the show there was no humour in that hour, and the musical score was just perfect

I had to dig waaaaay back to find this.

I rented the final season a week ago and watched the entire thing over two days (no HBO :madspit: ). I started crying about 20 minutes or so into the finale, and by the time it was over, this had turned into full-on sobbing. I've been attached to tv shows in the past, but I don't ever remember being this affected by one. It's a week later and I'm still moved by it. So fucking sad, happy and beautiful, all at the same time. I won't say any more, in case people from other countries haven't seen it yet, but WOW. Best series finale EVER.

I'll miss you, you crazy Fisher family. :sad:

I'm going to watch it again, with commentary today. Bless Blockbuster and their liberal late return rules. I get to keep it for another three weeks. :bow:

YAY! I'm so glad this thread exists... I just finished watching the final episode from Netflix, since i've never had HBO... i was so sad during the final episode, knowing it was the last one... No more fun opening death scenes... no more crazy family dysfuntion.... it really is the best show i've ever watched on TV... i'm afraid i'll never find another show that is so great.... i just heard that they are gonna start airing reruns on Bravo starting soon... i'm so excited to get to relive it all again...

R.I.P. Crazy Fisher Family

So, who else hated Brenda?

I loved brenda! She was the best. Well apart from claire, shes hilarious. i loved the one where she stole the dead persons foot and put it in a boys locker at school - something ive always wanted to do!
Long live six feet under!

Well I just started watching Six Feet Under. Finished the first season. A very well made show. All good things must come to an end.

here in the uk we havent seen the last series...cant wait for it but at the same time i dont want it to end! argh! (i take it something sad happens at the end..?)

the strange thing is: its a genuinely funny show

it makes me laugh like a drunken idiot who has drunk too much red wine at a cocktail party

however as someone pointed out, its quite depressive to the point it can be quite cathartic

yeah, it really is hilarious... the death scenes and the family dysfunction... especially the last season, it was just so comical... i didn't want it to end... Since the show is about death, i wouldn't say that the last season is sad.... i think it's rather fitting.... it's probably the best finale episode i've ever seen for a show... it's only sad because there's no more episodes... :(

partygirlvox said:
here in the uk we havent seen the last series...cant wait for it but at the same time i dont want it to end! argh! (i take it something sad happens at the end..?)

It was on E4. I don't think it ever came to Channel 4 because of Desperate Housewives and Lost.

VintagePunk said:
I had to dig waaaaay back to find this.

I rented the final season a week ago and watched the entire thing over two days (no HBO :madspit: ). I started crying about 20 minutes or so into the finale, and by the time it was over, this had turned into full-on sobbing. I've been attached to tv shows in the past, but I don't ever remember being this affected by one. It's a week later and I'm still moved by it. So fucking sad, happy and beautiful, all at the same time. I won't say any more, in case people from other countries haven't seen it yet, but WOW. Best series finale EVER.

I'll miss you, you crazy Fisher family. :sad:

I'm going to watch it again, with commentary today. Bless Blockbuster and their liberal late return rules. I get to keep it for another three weeks. :bow:

I DID THE SAME THING!!! When season 5 came out on DVD i rented it, rather then waiting for it to come on TV and have to watch one episode a week. So I went through the whole season in 2-3 days.... and the sobbing that took place during the last episode....well, no need to get into details. Six Feet Under is by far my favourite TV show... I know many people didn;t like it because they thought it was too dark; but the truth is that that show had writing and acting that soooooo many other shows will never ever have. It was so original.

Back
Top Bottom