Six Feet Under

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
We haven't got this in TV on regular networks in Canada until last Sunday when the first episode aired on Showcase (I assume it was on TMN though which I don't get).

I don't recall being so entirely and irrevocably impressed with a piece of television or even a movie for a very, very long time. Last night my brother bought the first season on DVD so we don't have to wait for TV schedualing to watch it.

Anyone else in these parts enjoy it?

But please watch out for spoilers as I have only seen 2 episodes of it.

Six Feet Under is my favourite show! :up:

(I started a thread about it a few months back and not that many people responded.)

Last edited:
Someone from ireland (I think it was) recommended this show to me, a looong time ago now. It still hasn't been aired here in Australia to my knowledge. Now I want to see it even more:)

Cass, it is being aired in Australia right now. The first episdode of season three premiered last week. I believe it is Channel Nine on Monday nights but I might have to double-check on that one.

aww thanks Calluna..I missed that...I think the old boy watches the SBS "movie show"...I'll soon remedy that:macdevil:

Six Feet Under is an HBO series about a family that owns and operates a funeral home in Los Angeles. Technically it's a drama but there are alot of black comedy moments as well. Someone dies in the beginning of every episode and then ends up having their wake at the funeral home. There's alot more to it than that but it's hard to explain. It's a great show. You should check it out.

wow! sounds like someone is actually starting to think about concepts again!

sounds good

good show good show

I think they go out of their way to say the vulgar language, but thats fine with me! Although I can't say the same for my parents :shrug: since I'm only 15

totally great show

best show on tv atm

its not for the ones that get offended easily though

there is a lot of swearing, offensive gestures and the hardest bit that turns a lot of people away: the gay scenes

but yeh this is the funniest show about death ever made, but you need to have an open mind to find this show funny, alot of the comedy is plot related, nothing contrived like a sitcom at all. that being said: it IS time we got one back at death!

oh and U2 gets a reference in the second episode ever with regards to nate's then-girlfriend brenda chenowith

"so did you listen to sting and u2 when you were growing up? or like the heavy hardcore stuff?"

oh and make sure the kids are DEFINITELY in bed before you watch though! i mean its not the x-files or anything, this is genuinely stuff you DONT want your kids to be exposed to, unless you want them warped

When does the new season start? :hyper:

It's the main reason I am reconnecting my cable.

Best

show

ever

We're only on season three over here...no chance we'll see the next season until about this time next year. :sad:

It always cracks me up to see some of the right-wing press moaning about SFU. It's always the fact that it has gay characters that pisses them off the most. It's just like with This Life (tv show we had in the UK about six years ago) - they hated it showing drugs, swearing, nudity, etc, but it wasn't until they *gasp* showed a gay sex scene that they started accusing it of polluting the minds of our youth or some such crap.

Anyway. Six Feet Under is awesome and other good things and I'm going to stop my little rant about the conservative press before this thread gets booted to FYM. :)

I don't think the new season will be out for awhile. They take long breaks in between seasons. I just got an email from HBO this morning announcing the premiere of another series called Carnivale. My guess is that they won't air season four until this new series is finished.

:mad:

I want more SFU. Now.

Fizzing--I haven't read any bad press here in the US about SFU, which doesn't mean there hasn't been any. HBO is kind of hands off here. People pay big bucks for HBO and anything goes. I just think the writing is so amazing. Every character rings true and although I have my favorites, I'm interested in every storyline. If the British conservative press has issues with SFU, they must have gone wild over Queer is Folk!

joyfulgirl said:
When does the new season start? :hyper:

It's the main reason I am reconnecting my cable.

Whew!

I remember I voluteered to tape and mail tapes to you.

I take pride in keeping my commitments.

I guess I am off the hook.:wave:

deep said:

Whew!

I remember I voluteered to tape and mail tapes to you.

I take pride in keeping my commitments.

I guess I am off the hook.:wave:

That's right, you did! :bow: :kiss:

I'd take you up on it but my housemate has lived without TV for the 2 months we've been in this house and is on the verge of a nervous breakdown. :lol: I've been without TV now for 4 months and I haven't missed it at all, but we had agreed we'd get cable in time for the new Survivor season and especially HBO/SFU. So Cable Guy is coming on Friday between 1-5. In this town that means 4:59. :mad:

Me, too, Mr. BAW. And even though I'd already seen last season's final episode twice, I cried the third time last week during Nate's fight with Ruth in the kitchen. They both really tapped into something real there.

Mr. BAW said:
I must admit that I am suspicious of Ruth's new husband....

something's not right... :no:

I know, and I can't bear to see Ruth hurt. :mad:

This is where I start to get really jealous of all you US people. :p I'll be thinking of you all on Sunday evening when I'm watching something that's not Six Feet Under. :reject:

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday....my schedule is screwed...

Choices - Lakers at 6 pm or the East Coast feed of 6 Feet???

'cause BAW's plane lands at 9:30 p.m. meaning I can't watch the later shows....which includes the two-hour finale of Deadwood...

Shit! What other nights do these two shows repeat????

:sad:

Back
Top Bottom