Sirius or XM Radio???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
I'm thinking about getting sattelite radio and don't know very much about it.
For those of you who use either Sirius or XM, what do you like about it?

Why did you choose it?

Is the music good(i've stopped listening to the radio due mp3 players, but maybe having better selection would sway me to satellite radio)?

i have had xm for a little over a year.

i think it's got more variety than sirius. i think the music's great, no matter what kind of music you like i'd say they have at least two or three stations you'd like. i know i switch between 80s, 90s, fred, lucy, and ethel the most.

and of course it's all commercial free which is great, although sirius has that too, but it's definitely a plus for satellite radio in general. i get good reception, very rarely do i completely lose the signal and on my daily commute i'm pretty much in the middle of nowhere for a while.

oh and plus, you hear stuff you wouldn't normally hear on the radio. like album tracks and such. for example, i often hear i threw a brick, trying to throw your arms, etc. on there.

i have xm and i could never go back to normal radio

i think either one would be good, if youre into sports the different packages could be a tie breaker. like xm has baseball while sirius has football.

xm has opie and anthony, sirius has howard stern.

music wise, i think youd get good music on both

ethel on xm radio is the best

ive heard daddys gonna pay for your crashed car, salome, lady with a spinning head, and many other random u2 songs

how great is it to be listening to the radio and all of a sudden salome pops up? its delish

I got Sirius because of Stern and the music is more a bonus for getting it, cool stuff. I didn't really care much for satellite radio before the whole Stern thing.

Chizip said:
ethel on xm radio is the best

ive heard daddys gonna pay for your crashed car, salome, lady with a spinning head, and many other random u2 songs

how great is it to be listening to the radio and all of a sudden salome pops up? its delish

This is my favorite station too. Although deep tracks plays more U2 than ethel if you could even believe that.

UPOP is also good to mix it up. Being from the states I get to diversify and listen to music from others spots and it has really opened me up to some good stuff!

I love my XM radio!

All the radio stations where I live wouldn't touch any indie music with a ten foot pole. How is the indie music on Satellite radio? Does it play indie types of music like Broken Social Scene and other great bands that we've come to know and love on B & C?

Back
Top Bottom