Sir John Mills 1908-2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enajh2

Refugee
Sir John Mills, one of Britain's best-known and best-loved actors, has died at the age of 97.

_41068355_millspa_203.jpg

Mills starred in more than 100 films since the early 1930s including Great Expectations, War and Peace, and Ryan's Daughter - for which he won an Oscar.

He died at home in Buckinghamshire on Saturday morning after a chest infection that lasted several weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4476875.stm

Obituary
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/2078050.stm

:(

On a positive note, he went with all his marbles in tact, so to speak, which is I think how he said he would want to go :)

His wife having been long suffering with memory problems..

"...By this time Lady Mills was wheelchair-bound and suffering from Alzheimer's disease..."

Yes, he was a great actor; it's very sad. He was Hayley Mills' dad - also the grandfather of that fool from Kula Shaker.

He had a bloody good innings - respect!

Last edited:
My mum actually starred in a movie with him - she had a role as a young girl (I think she was 5 at the time) with him in Rocking Horse Winner. I think she got to sit briefly on his lap during the movie. I must see it!

RIP...

ladywithspinninghead said:
My mum actually starred in a movie with him - she had a role as a young girl (I think she was 5 at the time) with him in Rocking Horse Winner. I think she got to sit briefly on his lap during the movie. I must see it!

RIP...

that is really cool. go, mom. :)

he had a nice long life... may he rest in peace.

Seabird said:

Juliet seemed so much older to me when she was on Nanny, but of course I was just a little kid when the show was on and all grownups seemed older.

Yeah, that's very true. Didn't mean to come across as being snappy, sorry if I did. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom