Singing while driving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I have this habit of singing along to every single word of every single song I'm listening to while driving. As long as I know the lyrics and in some cases, even if I don't, I love singing along at the top of my voice! Of course, this changes when somebody else is in the car with me. :shifty: It becomes more of a 'sing every third line' or 'sing a particularly fav stretch in the song' kinda thing. Do you guys do the same thing? :lol:

Why I'm asking is.. I've noticed that most of my friends dont sing along much while listening to music... just the odd word/phrase here and there. They talk more. And I automatically assume that music perhaps just does not play a big role in their lives and that it just fills up the background. I could never be like that and the majority of you guys probably can't either. But maybe that's not the case. Maybe they're just shy. Who knows! But I still couldn't help wondering.

dude, i love to sing at the top of my lungs in the car -- it's so much fun. even better with the windows down if you're feelin sexy. i know the guys in my band sing along in the car (at least my bass player does), but not too many of my friends do. i guess it is a music thing :shrug:

OK, obviously I don't drive, but whenever I'm in the car it's impossible for me not to sing. Most of the time I don't even care who's with me (well I might sing a tad softer depending on who's in the car) :lol: :shifty:

Last edited:
Except when I'm really tired and need to stay awake I don't sing along in the car. I much prefer to hear the voice of the singer.

haha, when I was getting ready for my " RENT" audition, I had the whole thing on Karaoke so I could practice. I dont know how many times I looked up at people in the next car over crackin up at me cause I was just goin all out, haha.

I sing all the time in the car

I don't know how to hold a conversation with music I enjoy playing in the background. I always end up singing along and ending the conversation :lol:

I turn up the car stereo LOUD. You can even ask my girlfriend. Sometimes, when I get out of my car at her house, and we get back in, we both get BLASTED by the stereo b/c I forgot to turn it down before getting out of the car.

And yes, people laugh at me for going all out too...especially when I play the drums on my steering wheel. :shrug:

I sing in the car. I sing in my office too. I shouldn't ever sing either. I have to stop myself from singing at the gym.

I am totally tone deaf. I really wish I could sing though. :wink:

i sing in the car all the time. and seeing as i still don't have my driver's license, that means i subject others to that horror.

I can't keep from singing in the car, either... the other night I was listening to "Night and Day" with the window down and really belting it out. While stopped at a red light, someone was walking down the road right past my window as I was singing ("such a hungry yearning buuuuurning insiiide of me!") and he started cracking up. It was a little embarassing but I got over it! :lol:

redkat said:
Always, I don't care who's with me and I prefer they don't talk. Really I shouldn't ever sing. Never

:lmao:

Same with me too, I can't help but to sing along - it's very emberassing though.

:reject: :nerd:

Zootlesque said:
.......Why I'm asking is.. I've noticed that most of my friends dont sing along much while listening to music...

Maybe they're not as happy as you are!!!! :D

if i'm talking and a good song comes on - conversation is over immediately (or it will be just a one way conversation).

When i'm not talking, i'm singing, walking down the road, in my room, on roofs, in lectures (but more like a whisper:wink:).....

I'm also a bit of a dance freak:reject: when at a club and i'm liking the music, I need to dance to it otherwise I start getting very jittery...problem is a lot of my friends don't like dancing much:(

Yup I sing in the car all the Time. My current song I like to sing in the car is "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" and then some beatles.

I've noticed that although people like certain songs, they do not pay one iota of attention to the lyrics! It bewilders me since I sing all the words at the top of my lungs and will tell you the producer, story behind the song, and every other mundane detail in between breaths!

:shifty:

starsgoblue said:
I've noticed that although people like certain songs, they do not pay one iota of attention to the lyrics!

I used to be like that! :reject:

Until over the past few years, I've been paying as much attention to the lyrics as the music. But the music in a song can win my heart any day even if the words aren't great.

I also embarrass myself singing while driving.

I have tinted windows though so I can hide :wink:

I don't drive, but I sing all of the time! I'll usually lip synch to whatever song is on, and if it's a song I really like, I'll sing along with it.
I really can't stand it when people talk while music is playing. I mean, if the music is just there as background noise, then that's fine, but if you're supposed to be listening to it, then why are you talking?! Which is why I pause my music if someone starts talking :wink:
I also randomly burst into song when there's no music around. Be it while doing chores, or just while walking through the apartment. I especially like singing when I'm walking through the narrow area between my apartment and the one across the way, the acoustics in that spot are great. I bet my neighbours hate me though :lol:
And today, I was singing "The phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantom of the operaaaaaaaa is theeeeeeeeeeeere inside my miiiiiiind" in a crowded parking lot. I got some funny looks :D

starsgoblue said:
I've noticed that although people like certain songs, they do not pay one iota of attention to the lyrics! It bewilders me since I sing all the words at the top of my lungs and will tell you the producer, story behind the song, and every other mundane detail in between breaths!

:shifty:

i don't get people who don't know the words to things, but i guess they probably think i'm insane for knowing the words to entire albums.

on a trip back from maine (about 3 hour drive), one of my friends decided she didn't want the music on. i wanted to hear the rest of the album, but it was her car, her rules and such. so i sang the rest of the album, complete with the guitar parts where there aren't vocals. 9 tracks on that album, we made it to track 3 before she shut off the cd. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom