Singing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Alright, I'm trying out for my school's musical tomorrow.

I will be dazzling the auditors (those are people who watch auditions right? :der: ) with an unaccompanied (eek) performance of the classic "Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad"

I'm just wondering if any of you have any singing advice that might come in handy for me as I have no singing experience in any sort of non-just-around-the-campfire-for-the-hell-of-it manner. Ya know... important things to keep in mind. I know to breathe from my diaphragm so no need to rehash that one again.

Or if you want, you can just marble on about what an incredibly great song 2 shots is. that would be true albeit more useless. but whatev.

thank.you.for.your.time

Good luck skeek :hug:

I *hate* auditions - I'm always nervous trying to perform in front of people I know, like my classmates - I have no trouble with a big audience of strangers. But when you're nervous at the auditions with your peers staring at you, you're kinda screwed. I'm sure you'll be great though, excellent song selection.

What musical are you gonna be doing?

Singing auditions are always nervewracking...just try to be as calm and natural as possible. Don't try to overdo things beyond your capabilities...find something you are very comfortable with and try your best. I used to get nervous as fuck for auditions, but it always worked out good in the end. :)

'drove me to drink, but hey, thats not all bad"

good luck...'

btw...are you going to say...happy birthday frank at the end???

It's the 75th anniversary of my school this year and we're doing a revue of all the shows we've done in the past with the best numbers from each sorta thing.. i think it will be strung together by a plot of somesort.

I haven't decided whether to add the happy birthday frank at the end... I might. And I guess I'll just go right from the verse to the next verse where that big orchestral interlude should be.

Auditions are WAY nerve wrecking. How I find my voice easiest, is I remember to raise my eyebrows, raise the muscles that are on top of my cheekbones (smile, kinda), enunciate, breathe like I'm filling up from my feet, hands by my sides, feet shoulder width apart, and shoulders back and relaxed. Then I stare at a spot in the room, and direct all the power from my voice to that one spot. What happens is a crisp tone, clear, in tune, and vibrato in the right places :) I won the solo to sing at my graduating class this way :)

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom