Simple Minds & INXS to tour OZ!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandy1973

Refugee
Far away...this ship is taking me far away
Simple Minds and INXS are touring together in March!! :happy:

I think I'll definately be buying tix to this show - I've ALWAYS wanted to see Simple Minds, but they've always bypassed Adelaide in the past:(

Tickets go on sale feb 5th, but there are already pre-sales on if anyone's interested!!

Should be a fun night - 80's and 90's flashbacks galore!:dancing:

It's the JD Fortune Band, Mandy!
:grumpy:

I'd like to see Simple Minds. Pity about their support act! If I give this even more thought, I'll end up genuinely pissed off by them trying to soften the blow by touring with an independently loved band such as Simple Minds.

New dates for the second Australian leg of the tour!
Confirmed tour dates below

Sat. 17 Mar. - Perth, AUS at WACA
Tues. 20 Mar. - Adelaide, AUS at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Thur. 22 Mar. - Hobart, AUS at the Derwent Entertainment Centre
Sat. 24 Mar. - Melbourne, AUS at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Tues. 27 Mar. - Canberra, AUS at the AIS Arena
Wed. 28 Mar. - Wollongong, AUS at the WIN Entertainment Centre
Fri. 30 Mar. - Sydney, AUS at the Sydney Entertainment Centre
Sat. 31 Mar. - Newcastle, AUS at Tempus II
Sun. 1 April - Brisbane, AUS at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre

i like simple minds but NO FUCKING WAY would i go and see INXS now days the can shove their music up their arses!

(okay a little bit harsh, i know but i have a HUGE dislike for the "New INXS")

mandy1973 said:
Simple Minds and INXS are touring together in March!! :happy:

Thanks for posting this...where are tixs been sold???

I saw Simple Minds twice back in the 80's and they were just amazing live. I kinda regretted missing out on their last tour of oz (just a year or so ago??). I thought they would have been past their use by date - how wrong i was - on all accounts from my friends they are still amazing.

So yeah I'll not be missing this one - 17 March here in Perth.....St Pat's Day is going to be one hell of a night.

I wonder if this will happen in Britain :hmm:

I saw Simple Minds in the 80's :applaud: I met Jim too&he was lovely :love:

Re: Re: Simple Minds & INXS to tour OZ!!

U2 Bliss said:

Thanks for posting this...where are tixs been sold???

For Perth, ticketmaster from Mon Feb 5. I've already recieved emails from accor and visapreffered who have both already got pre-sales - and the concert was only announced this morning!!!

Awww i feel for you Mandy :hug:

They were really great - i saw them here in Glasgow, their home town at Ibrox stadium! :wink:

Mandy – I can’t believe SM have never played Adelaide for 20 years. I always thought Perth was the one missing out on the tours.

I think your wait will be worth it ...believe me. Think of it this way - you should get to hear all their hits songs that you loved when you were growing up all at one show, you can't get much better than that.

Jim has put a tour diary entry yesterday about the upcoming tour of Oz & NZ http://simpleminds.com/tourdiary/?request=article&id=34

It looks like INXS are the headline act with Arrested Development being another support– so yeah bit of a varied mix of artists for this gig.

By the way...Happy Australia Day

mandy1973 said:

Yeah yeah, i know...but it's over 20 years since Simple Minds have come to Adelaide...I never thought I'd ever get to see them live....I HAVE to go!!!

And I've actually heard that the 'new' INXS are alright live :reject:

Well, let me confess I'd like to see Arrested Development also!

Ignore me, I'm just bitter about this INXS biz - nothing personal!
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom