Silversun Pickups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
These guys are awesome, check them out. They've got an early 90s not quite grunge, but like a Jesus and Mary Chain meets My Bloody Valentine meets Smashing Pumpkins vibe going on. Catchy songs without being too "pop-y". Nice feedback and guitar hum going on throughout. The songs are really well constructed, they go from soft to loud - but it's not the typical cliched sort or way "BANG". Really good stuff.

They're opening for Snow Patrol right now, has anyone seen them by any chance? Did they sound good live?

Is that a guy or a girl singing?

It's driving me crazy.

I should know this, as I live in Los Angeles where they're from, but I can't figure it out.

I saw them during CMJ. I like them better on record than live, but an looking forward to seeing how they do out with Snow Patrol.

Brian most definitely sounds like a chick. Nice guy though!

I hate when you go to see a band thinking they'll kick ass live, and then they just sound thin and lifeless. I thought Smashing Pumpkins was like that. First time I saw them, on the Siamese Dream tour, they rocked the fuck out, but that was at Roselands which is kind of small-ish. I saw them again after that in an outdoor venue, and they just sounded awful.

Back
Top Bottom