silverchair - the movie.....YIKES!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I am still on a post-concert/ road-trip high.
As some of you may know, I saw silverchair last Sunday in Newcastle...and I had the time of my life.
I have just been to their web-site to read some of the fan reviews.
You know how I said I wasn't going to whistle at concerts anymore in case someone is making a bootleg?
well I whistled...
a big long drawn out wolf-whistle of all things, and Daniel heard it....woops.
well it turns out they weren't bootlegging, they were officially filming to make a documentary...EGAD!! I hope I'm not in it!!
I would like to see it when it's finished, but unfortunately it is being made for satellite TV. I hope someone tapes it for me.
Anyway if you want to check out the story and some pics, the chairpage is quite interesting. At the moment JJJ are running a silverchair remix competition, details are at the site.

anyway, here is the link to the review pagehttp://www.chairpage.com/tour/roadreports/2003/april20.htm

It was wonderful...when he dedicated the song to the groovers at the side, he said ."I'm playing guitar much better than I used to.." I thought that was so humble and sweet.
Anyway it will be nice to have the memory of the night captured on film:)

what? satelite tv? so it won't see dvd release or anything? my computer can't handle their official site, it freezes up :mad:

I'm not sure about that detail IWB. It is being made for Channel V. I don't think it will be DVD quality...I'll let you know what happens.

PS: there was a pearler of a photo on our local newspaper. Full colour front page, a Scottish piper in full uniform playing pipes standing on a tiny rock in the middle of the big ole Clarence River. Next Easter is the 100th Maclean Highland gathering...you should come LWB..you'd dig it:)

daniel johns....**cass faints**

:):):)

cool. i have enough trouble getting myself to boston (2 hours away), i don't know where i'd begin with getting myself to australia :sigh:

daniel johns is very cool. very cool.

I make things worse when I try to explain things..hereyago

Silverchair fans who attended the band's concerts at Newcastle's Civic Theatre last weekend may have noticed some film cameras recording the shows. Chairpage can exclusively confirm that filming was indeed done at the venue - particularly on the Saturday night - and plans are definitely afoot to compile the footage and create a TV special for broadcast on Channel V in Australia later this year.

This site has been deluged in recent weeks by fans seeking a live DVD of the "Across The Night" tour. According to the band's management no plans are currently in place for a DVD release but the idea is not out of the question. "It's a possibility, but we'd need to resolve some creative and contractual issues first", said the group's manager, John Watson. "It will probably be at least three months before we know whether it will be doable or not".

If you are interested in seeing a DVD of this show please subscribe to the "Across The Night" tour DVD information list and we'll let you know if/when there is any confirmed news about such a release.

April 21, 2003

Budding remixers have a chance to try their hand at reworking a Silverchair song. Sections of "Tuna In The Brine" have been posted online so anybody is free to download them and create their own remix. The initiative is part of the Noise Youth festival and is sponsored by Triple J.

The finished creations can be sent to the organizers and the band's favourite remix will be played on Triple J. The 'winning' remixer/s will also be profiled as part of the noise festival in October 2003.

Noise is an Australia Council initiative for Australians aged 25 and under, and as such, entries to this remix project do have an age limit.

For more information check out triplej.abc.net.au or www.noise.net.au

April 16, 2003

The first full biography of Silverchair will be published in Australia in early May. Titled "Tomorrow Never Knows" it was written by the music editor of Australian Rolling Stone, Jeff Apter who spent quite a bit of time with the band during the making of "Diorama".

The book apparently traces the full history of Silverchair from their school days right up to their current Australian tour. The band has not been involved in writing or approving the book but Jeff Apter has a reputation as a quality journalist so it should be an interesting read.

Limited copies will be available by mail order from Silverchair's fanclub, the Llama Appreciation Society, via the chairpage Store

FYI

Back
Top Bottom