silverchair...another chance Aussie fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was listening to Kosta's show on JJJ this morning. He said silverchair have announced a new series of dates for Melbourne, canberra, Sydney , the 'gong AND Newcastle.
It's the last one has me interested...their last show, their home town crowd, on the night of my 42nd birthday. I think I deserve it...maybe?
I have been saving my "go to the city , see a great band" money for U2. But it looks like I could be dead before they get here.I think I should give up waiting?
I really admire those 3 young lads from Newcastle, I like the idea of spending my precious $$ in Australia, I LOVE their music, it's not THAT far from here(please little car don't die before then).

Anyway Kosta recommended getting on the line tomorrow and trying for tickets. hmmm that is a distinct possibilty, they will sell out in minutes, especially the home town gig.( can't say hub is impressed with my latest brain wave)
Well all would not be lost...that is also the Easter weekend, the bluesfest is on at Byron. There are so many artists I admire appearing there. They have extended the festival to 5 days because Ben Harper, really really loves performing at Byron.
I haven't got a ticket to the festival, but if you hang around in Byron , some of the performers put on shows in the pubs or do impromptu performances on the street. It certainly is a colourful event to be around.
But...the chair...I really feel like some good LOUD music. It's been a long time.....NO MORE MAYBE"s...I'll melt if I hear Greatest View live.
Anyway just thought I'd tell you of some local events...while we wait for U2.

been a great day....dylan, now bjork and emmylou harris was on TV earlier. She started to sing "red dirt girl" but her baseball beeper went off and distracted her..teehee. She said "god gave us baseball!!"
I saw Emmylou at the bluesfest in 2000. It was my birthday present from my mum. Unforgettable!!!

better go or I'll miss bjork..again.
PEACE:wave:

Go for any chance to Silverchair live. I've not seen them, but it's Silverchair for fuck's sake!

On a side note: I didn't think Silverchair was touring anymore; I thought that Daniel Johns had some kind of incurable arthritis and was pretty much bed-ridden these days. Ah, shows how little I know.

the greatest view" is amazing!!! that's the best album

i read that about daniel johns too...

Well, he has reactive arthritis, which is, unlike other forms of arthritis, caused by a virus and isn't permanent, although it can last for months or even years. Perhaps he is finally over it?

Melon

Last edited:
can I quote you, when I present my case???

"..it's Silverchair for fucks sake..."
so true....but not U2
I'm a bit worried I'll buy the silverchair ticket and then suddenly U2 will decide to come down here. I can't afford both.
The tickets go on sale Thursday week, for anyone who's interested.
Daniel did a series of interviews when they anounced the concert tour. There was also a documentary on TV here about the making of the "Diorama" album.
He was very , very ill and as melon says, it was reactive arthritis...he has recovered. Thank goodness. He's a great songwriter and performer. A humble man with loads of talent.

Of course you can quote me :wink:.

Surley you'll be able to save up by the time U2 finally finish the album and go on tour, right? (Rather unfortunetly) That probably won't be for a while still.

I have a massive amount of respect for Silverchair. It's great that they didn't put out "Frogstomp" after "Frogstomp," and they probably could have got away with something like that. You've got Daniel Johns with problems with anorexia, depression, and reactive arthritis at various points in the past several years. But they still put out music better than most bands around. The piano parts and orchestral arrangements on "Diorama" are amazing.

Yeah, "Diorama" is severely underrated. it's a shame more people don't know about it.

musiclovers, musiclovers, musiclovers

I decided, spur of the moment thing....that if Australia beat England in the soccer this morning, then I deserved to go to the silverchair concert. phew!!! I love Harry Kewell..the game still had a few minutes to go when the ticket office opened. I brought the telephone as close to the telly as I could and just kept at it, redial, redial..............after 48 minutes...I GOT THROUGH!!!!
the lady was surprised I was only buying one ticket "yes just me, no one to go with:( and it's my birthday that night too":sad:
She said...those words we all love to hear........"let me see what I can do for you" the tickets are only $53( I didn't know what to expect) and the venue in the chair's hometown only hold 6000 people. I think I might end up sitting with the bands aunties and stuff. It should be great.
A band called "Sleepy Jackson" are opening for them. Don't know them at all...I suppose do a web-search and all will be revealed in the fullness of time.
Anyway jb and y'all, thanks for the encouragement...."it's silverchair for fucks sake" I'm excited.
wish you could all come too.
now if this makes U2 suddenly announce they are touring Oz...well that would be great...live now, pay later....
cass "nofriends" schoo nut..is very happy indeed.
what a thing eh?:heart: :dance: :combust:

yeah!!! silverchair!! whoohoo!!

as you can see, i'm happy for you :)

Hi Cass,...

Please, do not tell me what they play. I just got myself a ticket for the Paradiso gig in Amsterdam. ;)

k........I won't tell

aww heck, tough call Rono.

I hope they don't disappoint you. I have plans... I just started devising them. Funny you should pop up today...like a gladioli?
I just heard on the radio that Australia's largest private garden is being officially opened this weekend. It is not far from Newcastle, which is where I'm seeing silverchair. I hope to see the garden as well that weekend.....plus it's in the Hunter Valley wine-growing region. I feel on Ab Fab Moment coming on...I hope:D

nah..I won't tell, but I can already guess a few. I'm looking forward to this.

I will bring some with me when i come over for a cup of coffee,...

Gladiolus-in-Vase.jpg
:wave:

Last edited:
thanks possum- they're a nice colour, mine are nearly all white.

I was meaning to say Rono, I read a thread you posted and momentarily copped a bit of flak over. I think you were trying to highlight the possiblity of manipulation of people's thinking.
I was going to say in that thread, I don't speak Dutch but I think I speak your language....on occassion.

I'm really getting stuck into my garden for the first time in a few years, it's become a bit unruly. I have to do retaining walls with old bricks and rocks...so jah, after all that( my aching back) and a trip to see silverchair (my aching throat from singing along...I WILL NOT whistle!)......coffee would be good.
I'm trying to save, so I can buy some nice Hunter Valley wine....that may be good too:D

Back
Top Bottom