silver of the past

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
why are so many fridges, blenders and irons from the olden days dressed in olive? ive been in many a collegiate residences, and we all seem to have olive appliances.

its as though, in the past, people thought of olive the same way we do silver today.

the olive hues seep into every orifice. the same way silver makes everything cooler.

Bonochick said:
I want an olive-flavored fridge. :drool:

gallery_vespaolive.jpg

yertle-the-turtle said:
and that's bad?

oh wait, it is. :evil:

'speaking as a child of the 90s, or the 00s, or what have ye'

there's a pearl jam song i'm supposed to quote here. something off "no code" :banghead:

HABIT! that's the one where eddie goes "speaking as a child of the 90s"...i had to think for a second. i'm a bad pearl jam fan :reject:

Re: Re: silver of the past

nbcrusader said:

Colors from the '70's - avacado green and harvest gold. :sick: :barf:

don't forget brown. Brown was a big 70's color. I don't know why... I think everyone was into the whole earth tone thing. whatever.

My friends parents have an ollive and pumpkin orange kitchen. The appliances and counter tops are olive. The wallpaper is split into 2 layers. the bottom half is all pumpkin orange and then there's a dark wood panel and then it's a olive and orange wallpaper pattern. The cabinets are the same dark wood color as the wood panelling between the wallpaper. It's very dark and creepy in that kitchen. Very ugly. It's been that way for 30 years and they love it.

Back
Top Bottom