Silly things you did growing up - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2007, 10:38 PM   #46
War Child

Local Time: 09:25 AM
My sister and I would play "family", we would be the parents, her dolls would be the kids.

I refused to get into anything messy, still don't like messy things.

I ran into a wall, while playing tag in my friend's house. Ouch, got a scar because of that.

When I was 2, I slept walked downstairs, somehow got the keys to the car, and my parents found me, in the garage, trying to start the car.

I made the tv fall on-top of my sister, I ran upstairs to my room, terrified that we would never beable to watch tv again, I was 6, she was 2.

I pushed my mom off of my bed when I was little, for fun, and laughed.

I Dented my head because I fell off a chair, onto the phone holder.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

We had a Shetland pony that I had recently outgrown and wasn't supposed to ride anymore, but one day when my mum was gone the farrier came to trim the horses' hooves and I decided I was gonna ride that pony. So despite my older brother and sister telling me not to, I crawled up on the pony and started off. Well the pony decided she didn't really want to be ridden, so she dashed through this very narrow gate. I caught a gatepost with each kneecap and was neatly and quickly removed from the pony and deposited onto my ass in the dirt.

My siblings were yelling that they were gonna tell mum and I was screaming at them that they better not. I'm guessing the farrier was laughing his head off. My sibs never did tell mum, but the farrier did.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #48
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Matsui
Matsui write many quality haiku

blowing white ghosts
attached to cacti
grocery bags

many like that

I like it.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:03 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:25 AM
My older sister use to make me play some kinda tea game with her. She would set up the little tables and stuff and I had to sit there while she served the tea and whatever. I was probably 5 or so. She says I was a great play-mate. I think I was kinda like her Chatty Cathy talking doll with the pull string voice, only better. There may even be family movies of this

When I was 2 or 3, I use to run to the deepend of the neighbor's pool and try to jump in even though I couldn't swim.The folks had to keep a close eye. I think there's super 8 movie proof of this one too.

Around 6 or 7, I use to play army guy with my friend at his house. We'd choose the girl in school we liked, and then had to protect them from evil doers. We had the rifles and stuff, doing incredible somersaults and stunts while we saved the women. I always chose C.C., because she was my secret crush through elementary school. After saving them, we went back to the rumpus room so the imaginary girls could do some pretend kissing with their heroes. That was my favorite part.

When I was a kid, there really wasn't any preschool. On my first day of kindergarten (I was still 4), I cried and cried. At the first recess, I left school and walked home alone. It wasn't that close. Things were a bit different then. When I got home, my mom asked what I was doing there. I told her "I wasn't going back to that place ever again".
Old 10-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #50
Blue Crack Distributor

^ On my 1st day of kindergarten I also walked out. I wanted nothing to do with that nonsense. I had no idea how to get home at the time so I sat outside on the curb at the street. The principal and different teachers tried to get me to come back in but I ignored them all. I also said I'd never go back LOL.
I also remember getting in a knock down drag out fight with another girl in kindergarten.

^ and when I was in elementary school my initials were C.C.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 02:25 PM
what I am about to say may shock you.

but, when I was 8 or 9 (I think), I used to use a garden brush as a horse. yes, and even better, I used to carry this garden brush down to the beach, casually past people, get to an isolated area, and proceed to pretend I was galloping along.

yes, ...................I know!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:44 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

The first time my parents left my sister, myself & my little brother home without babysitter, we decided to make popcorn. No microwaves then, had to use a big pot and high flame. We let little bro do the shaking at one point and his flannel pajamas caught fire Luckily, we were right there and put it out fast.

The parents never found out As a matter of fact, they never found out about any of the crazy parties and things that went on when they were out The sibling alliance was impenetrable to the evil empire

Quote:
Originally posted by bonocomet
[B

^ and when I was in elementary school my initials were C.C.

[/B]

I think I'll give that game another try
Old 10-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:25 PM
When we were little, my sister, brother and I decided one day that it would be really fun to squirt juice from pomegranate seeds onto the living room wall. And we had wallpaper, not painted walls, Our Mum gave us absolute hell when she caught us in the act.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:42 AM   #54
War Child

Local Time: 01:25 PM
i used to have an imaginary school and i was the teacher

I used to make everyone at home sit in chairs out the back in a line and make them play buses with me
Old 10-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

AH! The sleeping bag down the stairs!!!! I LUV it!!
i didn't record stuff from TV but I'd make mixed tapes recording from the radio, usually including the DJ introducing the song or talking over the ending.

I used to put on records of musicals and act them out. I'd be all the parts.

I'd also put on The Beatles and stand on the raised part of the fireplace and pretend to be John or Paul (never George or Ringo)

My brothers and I would put on "magic" shows for our parents' friends.

My husband used to play "KISS" (the band) with his three friends. He was the youngest and therefore had to be Ace Frehley(sp?). To this day he credits playing "Kiss" with his mad hot drumming skills!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

My brother & I used to try to hold each other down while punching each other in the thigh. The object was to 'frog' the other's leg until they could hardly stand up!

Another favorite activity could only be done right after summer vacation started. We'd take our old notebooks from the year that just ended and set up in opposite corners of my room. We'd ball up equal numbers of pages from our notebooks - this was our ammunition. When everything was ready, I'd turn the ceiling fan in my room on its highest speed & then we'd proceed to throw one or two paper balls at a time into the blades. For everyone that got slung into your sibling, you'd get a point. Most points when we ran out of paper won. My brother & I thought it was hilarious & pretty harmless, but our parents never seemed to share in our enthusiasm.

We'd also dig holes in the garden & use the extra dirt to build 'mountains'. Then we'd sit across from each other & dig tunnels two fingers wide, until we met in the middle. We'd run his Matchbox cars through the tunnels & around the mountain until there was a cave-in. (It was actally a 'stomp-in', a la Godzilla.) Based on which cars we'd called dibs on before the disaster, we'd then dig through the wreckage until we rescued all our vehicles. First 'rescuer' to find all their cars won.

Obviously, we were (and still are!) easily amused.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:44 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Since this is Halloween time I will admit this, but please dont think Im gonna turn out a serial killer. Ive been into horror movies since I was very young, I used to sneak out of my room to watch Elvira Misstress of the dark's black n white horror movie show, but when I was a kid, I used to go into my Grandparents backyard and build dead bodies and I would put scary masks on them. I would go get her huge Aloe plants and cut them up and make them look like guts and take fake blood and pretend to do an autopsy on them. Now that you all think Im nuts haha. I promise, no dead people burried in my backyard, hehe.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:51 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DeadMansParty
Since this is Halloween time I will admit this, but please dont think Im gonna turn out a serial killer. Ive been into horror movies since I was very young, I used to sneak out of my room to watch Elvira Misstress of the dark's black n white horror movie show, but when I was a kid, I used to go into my Grandparents backyard and build dead bodies and I would put scary masks on them. I would go get her huge Aloe plants and cut them up and make them look like guts and take fake blood and pretend to do an autopsy on them. Now that you all think Im nuts haha. I promise, no dead people burried in my backyard, hehe.
suuuuuuurre *zuropa takes a step back*
Just kidding
Old 10-24-2007, 12:05 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by zuropa_fit

suuuuuuurre *zuropa takes a step back*
Just kidding
Ive got a knife, muwhahahahahahahahah!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #60
War Child

When I was 7, I used to cut out cardboard in the shape of 45s, colour them, and pretend that they were actual singles of my music.