Silly/Funny things that have been done...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klodomir

Refugee
I liked the Silly/ Funny things that have been said... thread so much that I decided to start one about the ridiculous things we do. I'll go first, of course.

This past Christmas I had a festive tablecloth that was a bit too long for the table, so one day my cat accidentally went to sleep on top of one end that was hanging down to the seat of a chair. Spotting a perfect opportunity for teasing my cat, I grabbed both sides of the tablecloth, attracted everyone's attention, and proceeded to pull the tablecloth out from under her, magician-style, of course with a big TA-DAAAAAAAAAH! Well, too bad that I had forgotten about the little golden confetti-pieces that I had put on the tablecloth for decoration. They went flying all over the room (as did the cat), and I felt very dorky indeed. Everybody was ROTFL, and the cat gave me one of those looks that all you cat-owners know only too well.

LMAO

Oh my God Klod. You kill me so much. I would reply but 1. I dont do stupid things like trying to kill my cat with confetti, and 2. I can think cos Im too busy laughing at you.

Kidding, I have too many to choose from.

biggrin.gif

smile.gif
I'm trying to think of silly things i have done but i dunno, i suppose i only say stupid things..im thinking about what silly things ive done...maybe post later
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Originally posted by Klodomir:
NAP TIME? How old are you, WildHonee?
confused.gif
lol! 17!

Well since the retreat lasted a few days and we stayed up till 2 some nights, they gave us nap time in the middle o the day.
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself" ~GypsyHeartGirl~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Oh, God, to narrow it down...*lol*
biggrin.gif

Hmmm...here's one...

In 6th grade, we were down in the gym for the remainder of lunch. A friend of mine told me that the principal (who was in another area of the gym) had told her that I was a klutz (we always kind of joked around with our principal). I said, "Well, I better go set him straight!" I then started to run over to him...but I accidentally tripped over my own feet, flew down onto my stomach, and slid across the gym floor only to stop at the feet of the principal. I looked up at him and said, "I am NOT a klutz!"

Umm...I don't think he believed me.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

the word gym rings a bell...

Last year in school for 6 weeks we went to the gym and i jumped on the treadmill one day...i was REAL prepared and i started by walking at a nice slow pace, i wanted to break into a nice slow jog but i dunno what happened but i changed the speed thing and it went from km/hour to miles per hour-i dunno what exactly happened but the next thing i knew the treadmill was going really fast and there i was in the middle of this packed gym running REALLY fast and my friend shouted out oh god laura it looks like your wee legs are gonna drop off from your body-this had me ROFL-and i could nay stop the machine- eventually i stopped it and had to spend the rest of my time recovering
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

During this 4 day retreat my class went on, we had a nap time and me friend Julie and I weren't tired, so we colored me toes to look like the members of U2, plus MacPhistoe.
biggrin.gif
I have pictures of them in other threads.

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself" ~GypsyHeartGirl~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

Originally posted by Bonochick:
tripped over my own feet, flew down onto my stomach, and slid across the gym floor only to stop at the feet of the principal. I looked up at him and said, "I am NOT a klutz!"
LOL!!! That sounds like something I might have done.

Bono-vox: embrace the Metric system. It could save your life!
biggrin.gif

Alright, here's one. I pissed my pants in grade five (the dumb/excruciating part), and successfully hid it from everyone.

How's that for a 15-year secret?

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

LMAO @ BC, BV, and Kieran.

BC, your stories absolutley kill me, you are so funny and have no idea how much you make me laugh!

I remember once I was in the green grocer with my mum, and she tends to buy things she doesnt need, and I was there picking my Zucchini, when this trolley appears next to me, I look down and see 2 GIANT pumpkins. I do the big rolleyes thing and say "what are you gonna do with all that pumpkin?" A strange voice I did not know says "err, eat it?" My mother was pissing herself a few feet away. The lady laughed though and said "I do silly things too" I walked off muttering, "Yeah but I bet you dont tell strangers they eat too much pumpkin".

LOL! That reminds me of the time I took a strange woman's hand in the city and proceeded to walk of with her, much to her and my mother's amusement. I was short. And mortified.

Another one. On holidays once (about 7 years old), I was in some cafeteria, and for some reason I asked the person behind the counter if the confectionaries were free. Somehow I had the idea this was a special place. The answer needless to say was no.

Also got busted for shoplifting when I was 11. But that wasn't my stupidity, just that of the person who dobbed us in. Until then everything was going swimmingly (in the days before high-tech security).

Oh yeah and I fell into a cattle dip when I was young (the scum had set on the surface of the dip and it looked just like a concrete pathway with a few puddles). I honestly thought I was going to die.

------------------
"I could walk into this room
and the waves of conversation
are enough
to knock you down
with the undertow

soooo alone..."

Back
Top Bottom