Sigur Ros live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i skipped it and went to see Idlewild.

Idlewild - $13
Sigur Ros - $40
Me - Poor and likes Idlewild a lot.

Maybe some day. A buddy of mine went and said the show was amazing.

Those are the kinds of tough decisions I don't face here. :mad: I can't believe Idlewild was only $13!

Thanks for the link, DiGi.

:up:

Sigur Ros' Barcelona show is beckoning me.

Unfortunately, the only ticket broker I can find that is offering seats requires a payment of 150 Euros each (including post fees). Does anyone have suggestions for international concert ticket agencies... outside of globaltickets.com?

Much appreciated.

At last, they're coming near me. I'll see the show in Denver come hell or high water (or, more likely, a blizzard). :hyper:

Sigur Rós Announce 2006 U.S. Tour, New Single

Kati Llewellyn and Amy Phillips report:
Sigur Rós can't get enough of us. In February, the Icelandic atmosphere-rockers will return to the States to take care of some unfinished business, namely playing cities they skipped on their fall tour. Takk, guys! As on the autumn trek, string quartet Amina will handle both opening and accompaniment duties.

Tonight, Sigur Rós kick off a short string of dates in Europe, culminating in a home country show in Reykjavik on November 27. The nice folks at Icelandair have even set up a special package for us out-of-towners who want to go, including air fare, a hotel room, tickets to the concert, and a "Scandinavian buffet breakfast." Yum.

Prepare to count sheep:

11-09 London, England - Brixton Academy
11-10 Edinburgh, United Kingdom - Corn Exchange
11-11 Dublin, Ireland - Olympia
11-13 Liverpool, England - Philharmonic
11-14 Birmingham, England - Birmingham Academy
11-15 Tilburg, Netherlands - 013
11-16 Paris, France - Elysée-Montmartre
11-17 Lyon, France - Transbordeur
11-19 Oporto, Portugal - Coliseu Do Porto
11-20 Lisbon, Portugal - Coliseum
11-21 Madrid, Spain - Teatro Coliseum
11-22 Barcelona, Spain - Teatre Musical
11-24 Florence, Italy - Teatro Saschal
11-25 Torino, Italy - Teatro Della Concordia
11-27 Reykjavik, Iceland - Laugardalshöllin
02-06 Portland, ME - State Theatre
02-07 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre
02-09 New York, NY - Theater at Madison Square Garden
02-10 Atlantic City, NY - Borgata Music Box
02-12 Cleveland, OH - Playhouse Square Centre
02-13 Columbus, OH - Promo West Pavillion
02-14 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
02-16 Cincinnati, OH - Taft Theatre
02-17 Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre
02-18 Grand Rapids, MI - Calvin College Fine Arts Center
02-20 Indianapolis, IN - Murat Theatre
02-21 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
02-22 Kansas City, MO - Uptown Theater
02-23 Denver, CO - Paramount Theatre
02-25 Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theater
02-26 Austin, TX - Performing Arts Center
02-27 Dallas, TX - Bass Performance Hall

In other ñëws, the band will perform on the BBC's "Later With Jools Holland" on November 11, alongside the motley crew of Carlos Santana, John Cale, Paul Weller, Sheryl Crow, and, why not, Bettie Serveert. According to the band's tour diary, the program will likely showcase "Hoppipolla" and "Med Blodnasir". On February 8, Sigur Rós will grace the stage of "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" here in America.

And speaking of "Hoppipolla": the release of the single and video for that song is imminent. The B-side will be a new recording of live mega-favorite "Hafssól", from the first Sigur Rós album, Von. Yes, that's the song in which the bassist plays with a drumstick, and its climax is breathtaking (even by Sigur Rós standards). Seriously, when they played it in Chicago on the last tour, the song received a standing ovation before it was even over.

So it looks like Sigur Ros in Houston on Saturday February 25, then going back to Dallas for Coldplay the very next night.

Only way that would get any better is if I saw U2 that Friday.

I heard a rumor a few months ago? I don't remember where that Sigur Ros was going to play some shows with full Orchestral backing? :drool:

Has anyone heard more about that? I think they are the only band I think that could do that in a really cool way.

Dalton said:
I heard a rumor a few months ago? I don't remember where that Sigur Ros was going to play some shows with full Orchestral backing? :drool:

Has anyone heard more about that? I think they are the only band I think that could do that in a really cool way.

That would be awesome. Bjork's done it. It was stunning.

Elvis Presley said:
I will be purchasing my tickets tomorrow morning.....

:wink:

I may get tickets to the Louisville, KY, show tomorrow and invite myself to visit a good friend there I've been meaning to visit for a long time. :wink:

Dalton said:

I saw them last Friday in Dublin and they had a four-piece string section playing with them who also supported them and helped play other instruments on different tracks. What a live band by the way - fantastic!

Elvis Presley said:
Looks like im in the pit at the Cincy show, hope you all got your tickets.....

:up: Tickets for my show haven't gone on sale yet. After watching the Jools Holland clip I posted above I'm very excited to see them.

Back
Top Bottom