Sigur Ros live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I LOVE Sigur Rós.

Sæglópur - Live in NYC 2.9.06

h**p://s65. .com/d.aspx?id=24TCFVGS6IYAU1424QTM7OW88C

:up: Thanks, Kakvox!

Tomorrow night. :hyper:

I still have extra tickets if any Denver people here are interested. If you're not, you should be. :angry:

Joyful since you're going tomorrow can you do me a favor and tell me how much shirts are when you report it back?

inmyplace13 said:
Joyful since you're going tomorrow can you do me a favor and tell me how much shirts are when you report it back?

Will do. I bet they have cool ones.

Absolutely stunning show last night.

Setlist

Takk
Glosoli
Ny batteri
Saeglopur
Njosnavelin
E-Bow
Gong
Andvari
Hoppipolla
Meo blonasir
Olsen Olsen
Hafsol
Svo Hljott
Heysatan
Popplagio

inmyplace13 said:

There were two different t-shirt venders, one was the regular vender and the other was an Icelandic girl selling fancier ones. Regular ones were $25; hers $40. There were also hoodies and journals and other cool merchandise.

joyfulgirl said:

There were two different t-shirt venders, one was the regular vender and the other was an Icelandic girl selling fancier ones. Regular ones were $25; hers $40. There were also hoodies and journals and other cool merchandise.

Hmm do you think a 17 year old girl would be more into a 25 dollar one or the 40 dollar one? trying to surprise miss imp13 since she's not going but likes them.

glad you had a great time though!

inmyplace13 said:

Hmm do you think a 17 year old girl would be more into a 25 dollar one or the 40 dollar one? trying to surprise miss imp13 since she's not going but likes them.

glad you had a great time though!

The $25 ones are really pretty and in nice colors. They have the design from ( ) on them. The problem I had with them is that they are just traditional t-shirts and aren't cut specially for women. The $40 ones had some cool ones in girl sizes so they're cut in a way that flatter a woman's body a little more (just fit a little better around the arms and shoulders and fit slimmer through the waist) and they're the only kinds of t-shirts I buy anymore because I never wear the other ones.

Still, I decided to try something different and bought the little package of moleskin journals (3 little ones per package) for $17. I love them. :)

Starálfur Live @ Madison Square Garden 2.9.06 :drool:

hxxp://s14.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=15N2P6I0CMJ923HZ3ADDFI7DJP

It's completely worth going just for Untitled 8 (which as I've said before, is my favorite song)

What an amazing show. Seriously one of the best I've ever seen. I'm in a complete daze today and I wish I was seeing them again tonight

Here's one of my better shots I took...

img05668jc.jpg

Obviously during Hoppipolla cause Jonsi is playing a bass

Ny Batteri was a definite highlight. Olsen Olsen was amazing, of course.

You know what, all of it was amazing. They only played one song I didn't know, it was just Jonsi on guitar and Amina on strings and they did it to kill time during technical difficulties.

The band was obviously having a great time. It was the last show of the tour and they brought the crew up to take a bow with them when Jonsi said "We have one more surprise for the crew" and all the Amina girls and Sigur Ros guys doused the crew with silly string. They all obviously had such a good time putting on the show, which made it even better.

Wow.

Last edited:
inmyplace13 said:
It's completely worth going just for Untitled 8 (which as I've said before, is my favorite song)

Ny Batteri was a definite highlight. Olsen Olsen was amazing, of course.

Wow.

These were my highlights, too, along with the opening (Takk/Glosoli) which was gorgeous. Untitled 8 (which closed the show I saw) took my breath away again and again. I like the recorded version but live Jonsi's wail at the end is even more amazing because the vocals aren't muted like they are on the record so for me it's more powerful live. That's true on a number of songs (Ny Batteri, for example).

I can't stop thinking about the show.

new US/Canadian tour dates :drool:

http://sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/index.php

* april 29 • coachella festival, indio california

* may 1 • marin center, san rafael, california

* may 3 • benaroya hall, seattle, washington

* may 4 • arlene schnitzer, portland, oregon

* may 5 • big easy concert house, boise, idaho

* may 8 • orpheum rheatre, minneapolis, minnesota

* may 9 • civic opera house, chicago, illinois

* may 10 • the riverside, milwaukee, wisconsin

* may 11 • state theatre, detroit, michigan

canada

* may 13 • massey hall, toronto, ontario

united states

* may 14 • bank of america pavilllion, boston, massachusetts

got_edge said:
FINALLY! A band not afraid to come to South Florida :hyper:

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/

SUCKAZ!

I'm hoping this is indicative of more tour dates in early 2007. I would very much like to see the Ros again so their show can reinstate itself at the top of my "Best Shows I've Seen" list.

Last February in Ft. Worth is still up there, but Wilco in San Antonio earlier in October is giving it a run for its money.

Back
Top Bottom