Sigur Ros live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dalton said:

I.HATE.YOU.

:heyjealousy:

:lmao:

If anyone does go to see them, don't do what people did on Friday night and spend the whole gig ssssshhhhhhhing everyone else and being generally anal.

Great gig though. They played the whole of Takk..., opened behind a white screen with their shadows silhouetted on to it and closed with their encore behind it as well. The encore was absolutely amazing as they played just the 'pop song' (Track 8 from ( ) ) for about 15 minutes. Played for about 2 hours in total, never letting up once. Great band, definitely buy tickets if you can.

keosulli said:
If anyone does go to see them, don't do what people did on Friday night and spend the whole gig ssssshhhhhhhing everyone else and being generally anal.

I will be the first to shush people if they are being rude. I don't think that's anal. At a show like this people need to sit down and shut up. :yes: Or at least shut up.

Watch the full-length Iceland show here. They said it's the most intense show they've ever done. :drool:
http://exodus.interoutemediaservices.com/?id=5e0bed71-1689-4322-b3af-6b4b51b134d3&delivery=stream

Last edited:
Just.watch.it. :grumpy:

I got my tickets this morning to the Denver show. Front row center mezzanine which imo are the best seats in the house. :drool: :hyper:

reykjavik05a-06.jpg

Attention New Yorkers:

on monday afternoon (december 12th) you can reserve free tickets to the taping of the february 8th conan o’brien show in new york city, on which sigur rós will perform. you can reserve up to 4 tickets by calling the conan ticket office at (212) 664-3056. these tickets will guarantee you admission to the february 8th show (as opposed to standby tickets which are reserved on the day of taping).

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Didn't watch the whole thing but caught different bits and pieces.

Pretty amazing.:drool:

I haven't seen Chicago dates yet...

Congrats on the tickets.

I've now watched it three times. I can't get it outta my head.

Sigur Ros will be on Conan O'Brien tonight. Check your local listings. :)

Chizip said:
going to the show in 13 days :dancing:

going to the show in 15 days. :dancing:

I have extra tickets to the sold out Denver show. Come to Denver, Chizip! You know one show won't be enough.

:love: Thanks.

The performance last night was beautiful although I don't think it convinced any of my friends that they should go to the show with me because it wasn't one of their mind-blowing moments but beautiful nonetheless. I guess they picked that song because it's short. I missed the orchestra. Better have the orchestra at the show in a couple of weeks. :angry: :hyper:

Really wish they played something other than Heysatan last night.

inmyplace13 said:
Really wish they played something other than Heysatan last night.

Like I said, it was probably chosen based on the length of the song. Most of their songs are too long for talk show slots.

I just wanna say that I'm listening to AB again and, well...

Olsen Olsen just makes me smile.

This sort of makes up for the fact that I'm missing them in Ft Worth next week.

Thanks joyful!

Ohhhh they closed with Untitled 8. That's definitely my favorite Ros song.

inmyplace13 said:
This sort of makes up for the fact that I'm missing them in Ft Worth next week.

Thanks joyful!

Ohhhh they closed with Untitled 8. That's definitely my favorite Ros song.

Olsen Olsen starts around 1:02 but you'll want to back up and start around 1:00. Or watch the whole thing all the way through 3 times like I did. It's just stunning.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiig news....

Last night, I sent my father the link to watch the streaming show from Iceland.

We were going to see Van Morrison on the 6th of March. We both knew we couldn't go to both Sigur Ros and Van The Man, so he opted for Van since it's his favorite artist of all time.

I got a call this morning saying he sold the Van tickets and picked up Ft Worth Sigur Ros tickets instead because he watched the stream and figured there was no way he could miss that. 3RD ROW. Oh man I am excited. I would MUCH rather go to the Ros than see Van.

Sunday February 26 - Coldplay in Dallas
Monday February 27 - Sigur Ros in Ft Worth

What a pair of days right there.

So far this is what's listed on their website--more date to come, probably:
http://sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/index.php

england

* march 27 • manchester apollo, manchester • venue • tickets

* march 28 • hammersmith apollo, london • venue • tickets

* march 29 • hammersmith apollo, london • venue • sold out

japan

* april 02 • zepp, nagoya

* april 03 • namba hatch, osaka

* april 04 • shibuya-ax, tokyo sold out

* april 05 • shibuya-ax, tokyo sold out

australia

* april 09 • perth concert hall, perth • venue

* april 11 • the palais, melbourne • tickets

* april 12 • the enmore, sydney • tickets

* april 13 • east coast blues & roots festival, byron bay • tickets

* april 15 • the tivoli, brisbane • tickets

new zealand

* april 17 • st james, auckland • tickets

germany

* june 23-25 • hurricane festival, eichenring • venue • tickets • intl. tickets

* june 23-25 • southside fesitval, beuhausen ob eck • venue • tickets • intl. tickets

sweden

* june 28 • dalhalla, rättvik • venue • tickets on sale feb 20

One week from tonight! :hyper:

I'm more excited about this than Coldplay the night before, but then again I've seen Coldplay several times already.

I keep watching the stream joyful dug up and it's getting me really really pumped.

inmyplace13 said:

I keep watching the stream joyful dug up and it's getting me really really pumped.

The band said that that was the most incredible and intense show they've ever done in their life so I hope it hasn't ruined me and created unrealistically high expectations. I still can't get over how great that show is! Everytime I click on the link I'm afraid it's going to be gone.

Back
Top Bottom