sigur ros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
recommend me a song or two of them i should download immediately.

i am your target market.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

thank you kindly, i am on my way.

------------------

try, "the perfume the magic the beauty the intrigue the mystery the elegance... the world of ralph lauren"

that's a really good one, and try "I'm a Happy Little Cobra, I have no spine or vertabrae, look what I can do!"

I could be the next Gump Worsely, as soon as I get my playoff GAA down under 2.00

[This message has been edited by The Wanderer (edited 05-12-2002).]

wow...

ive prolly listened to olsen olsen 8 times already, this is the most incredible experience. its exactly like i had hoped it to be...

wow.

if the rest of their stuff is anywhere near as good as this, u2 and radiohead will soon be taking a backseat...

thanks for all your suggestions!

------------------

I just bought a CD of theirs on Friday.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by gabrielvox:
sigur ros SUCKS SHIT

ha ha

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

screw off.

------------------

I personaly like "Vi?rar vel til loft?r?sa". Listen to this as well.

Another thing. I?ve been wondering if the icelandic names and lyrics bother you? I mean, I guess none of us here except me understands them

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

It does not surprise me how these Sigor Ros threads keep popping up ever few months or so.

They are a must have for any serious music fan.

And if I say that, then it must be true!

wink.gif

Definately one of the best purchases I have made in the last few years, All That You Can't Leave Behind being another
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I like them, but their videos make me really, really tired. My favourite Icelandic band at the moment is Leaves.
smile.gif

------------------
"The line on the screen is broken. What once was asleep has woken." - I Am Kloot, "To You"

Originally posted by AM:
I personaly like "Vi?rar vel til loft?r?sa". Listen to this as well.

Another thing. I?ve been wondering if the icelandic names and lyrics bother you? I mean, I guess none of us here except me understands them

bother as in how? the fact i have no clue as to what theyre singing? i actually thought i heard they made up their own words, not even icelandic.

is there something "controversial" about their names and lyrics?

------------------

they sing in Icelandic, alright, but it doesn?t always makes sence and sometimes it?s very hard to make out the words. I think that they actually use the word more like an extra sound/instrument.

as to if there is something "controversial" about their names and lyrics - well yeah, you might say so. They like to "take words apart" so that they can have different meanings.
Like their name Sigur R?s. Sigur is victory and r?s is a flower (rose), but normally you put those two words together and then you have the name of a girl - Sigurr?s.
Svefn-G-Englar is another example. Svefn is sleep and englar are angels, but svefngenglar are people who sleepwalk. It?s actually quite funny the way they "play" with words.
smile.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Originally posted by AM:
?g?tis byrjun, no doubt

There was only one album of theirs at the Best Buy I checked (and I bought it). I dunno what the name was, but it had a little alien-like thingy on the cover and was all dark. Is that it?

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
There was only one album of theirs at the Best Buy I checked (and I bought it). I dunno what the name was, but it had a little alien-like thingy on the cover and was all dark. Is that it?

yeah i think so. i downloaded mine so i can't remember. if it is YOU MUST BUY IT NOW!! RUN SULA RUN!!
biggrin.gif

Agaetis Byrjun is their only album so far. Have you all heard about the little tricks of the album? For example, if you play one of the tracks backwards it sounds like another track.

Originally posted by qball7200:
Agaetis Byrjun is their only album so far. Have you all heard about the little tricks of the album? For example, if you play one of the tracks backwards it sounds like another track.

i had no idea. how the hell do you play something backwards?

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
i had no idea. how the hell do you play something backwards?

I?d be satisfied if I could get the damn thing to play on my work computer. I stick it in the CD-ROM drive and it won?t recognize it. *pout* Guess it?ll just have to be Radiohead again today.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I?d be satisfied if I could get the damn thing to play on my work computer. I stick it in the CD-ROM drive and it won?t recognize it. *pout* Guess it?ll just have to be Radiohead again today.

that blows. yay for radiohead though!
icon14.gif

This is the cover of ?g?tis byrjun

agaetiscover-small.jpg

But there are more albums (but I don?t think that they were ever published outside Iceland):

They debut Von (=Hope) from 1997
von.gif

A remix album called Vonbrig?i (Disappointment)from 1998
vonbrigdi.gif

and last but not least ?g?tis byrjun from 1999

------------------

[This message has been edited by AM (edited 05-16-2002).]

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
deathbear, have you ever heard of autechre?

btw, how do I pronounce sigur ros?

sigur ros, the way i pronounce it anyway - (see gore ross)

i dont know why, it just seems the easiest that way.

im very interested in autechre, but if theyre anything like what ive heard of boards of canada, then i wont be interested. i heard one from boa and it was useless completely boring.

------------------

Boards of Canada boring ?

hahahahahahahahaha

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom