Sigur Ros

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll buy the album tomorrow
It's only a day away

~Little Orphan Jonsi

I haven't had the opportunity to pick this up yet. Wal-Mart apparently aren't stocking it, so I'll either have to make the two hour drive into civilisation or order it online.

So Sigur:sad:

great, it's weird in a good way, it begins very "Animal Collective meets Sigur Rós", and it ends very... "just Sigur Rós"

love it

I can't name all the songs I like from it, because there are too many....

....and because I can't pronounce or write any of the titles...

....and because I can't pronounce or write any of the titles...

Just make "Festival" your favorite song. You can handle that one. :wink:

What are we going to call this record anyway? We can't be all Með suð � eyrum við spilum endalaust every time we want to talk about it. I vote for "the one with Festival on it." :happy:

I admire and respect Sigur Ros, but I can't make myself to listen to them more than 20 minutes. Still, those 20 minutes are pretty much amazing. Bare Ass is great. Especially track 2, Ara Batur and Festival.

I was hoping the Toronto show would be on a weekend and I could go down for the night and catch the show... But 'tis not to be.

I'm currently loving Góðan Daginn. :drool:

I was very dissapointed by the album packaging. Sure, the artwork is great, but after buying the CD and getting nothing more than a glorified slipcase, bah. I should have just waited for the vinyl. :doh:

Which song would you use to introduce Sigur Rós to someone? It's for a mix and I'm trying to pick just one song. I've tried a few things and keep coming back to Starálfur. But I need input from the experts. :wink:

It's the obvious choice, but I would say Hopp�polla.

That's the other one. I've got it pretty much narrowed down to those two. Leaning towards Starálfur because I need a soft song but I'm still refining. And there's that one chord change that just kills me everytime...

I think those are good picks. I've won a few people over with Untitled 1.

Me, too, come to think of it. I guess those are the ones.

But it was Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása live from the EP that got me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom