Sigur Rós - Hvarf/Heim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
smielephantin7.gif

Love.

Hljómalind is amazing.

The acoustic half is amazing.

Oy vey!

Really looking forward to getting this tomorrow. I'm quite interested in hearing what the acoustic versions sound like. I really like the new track that is in the DVD trailer as well (don't know the name).

I just bought it. It sounded fantastic on the ride home.

Oh boy, I hope they tour again soon.

I'll probably pick it up on Saturday. I listened to some streaming audio of it the other day and it sounded fantastic. :happy:

Picked it up tonight. Listened to most of the 'Heim' part. It's almost hard for me to hear some of the songs sounding like this (Vaka and Staralfur mainly). Agaetis Byrjun sounds great though, I think I actually like it more than the album version.

I agree on the Hljomalind love. I also think I Gaer is great as well.

New version of Von is really nice, but I think I still prefer the original. Both are good.

You and I both, joyfulgirl. Seeing them third row center at the Bass Hall in Ft Worth in 2006 is still the best show I've ever been to, edging out Wilco in San Antonio last year and U2 in Dallas in 2005.

I Gaer is phenomenal. I've really taken a liking to that one. The new Von is a big improvement on the old one to me. The acoustic half is pretty much completely solid all around. The new Staralfur (which is the song that got me into SR in the first place) is warm and beautiful. I love what they did with Haysatan.

This set really is a great little treat between albums/tours. I'm finding new things to love about it all the time.

inmyplace13 said:
You and I both, joyfulgirl. Seeing them third row center at the Bass Hall in Ft Worth in 2006 is still the best show I've ever been to, edging out Wilco in San Antonio last year and U2 in Dallas in 2005.

Yeah, I remember you and I had a similar experience. I saw them in Denver right after you saw them in Fort Worth. I was in the excellent first row of the mezzanine. Mindblowing, life changing, goosebumpy, etc. They completely ruined all other shows for me. :angry: Better than a U2 show? Well, it's certainly debatable. With U2 I have an emotional connection to the band, the fans, the history, the music, the whole overall experience. With Sigur Ros it was more a personal, internal experience of breathtaking awe rather than the shared outer experience of joy and upliftment that I get at a U2 show. I don't know...kind of a toss up.

Maybe I only feel that way because of the atrocious setlist for my one and only U2 show.

Who knows? I'm no scientist.

I'm still upset that I had to miss Sigur Ros AND Mogwai in the same week last year. Hopefully they'll come back and play somewhere near here again, but I unfortunately doubt it.

My first time through the acoustic "Heim" disc, I really didn't like a couple of the songs I already had a big connection with. I'm thinking it may have just been that it sounded strange on my car speakers, because I'm really liking it now, all of it.

As for the Hvarf part, the 3 new songs are all quite good. The original Von is one of my favorite Sigur Ros tracks, so I still prefer it, but the new one is nice also. This is the third SR disc I have this same version of Hafsol on, so I was kinda bummed to realize it wasn't a different recording.

Looking forward to the DVD in a couple weeks now. I am disappointed this track wasn't on the CD: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/46885-sigur-rs-heima-excerpt-from-iheimai

CrashedCarDriver said:

but what does anyone think of the dvd they released? some incredibly beautiful cinematography dont you think?

It doesn't come out until the 20th here.

Oh wow. So great to see people here who appreciate Sigur Rós. They are definitely on my top 3 bands. Hvarf/Heim is amazing and I'm sure the Heima DVD will make me cry and want to go back to Iceland even more desperately than what I do already (I worked there for 3 months in 2006 and totally fell in love with the country). Too bad I will have to wait until Christmas to get the DVD, being a poor student I can't afford to buy it myself but since I've been a good girl, Santa is going to bring it to me. :)
I'm listening to Hljómalind at the moment and agree with many of you - it's one of the best, if not the best song Sigur Rós have ever made.

Crap, the DVD apparently got delayed until the 4th in the US! What's with all the delays?!

:mad:

So, who's getting Heima tomorry? It looks to be high on the exquisiteness scale.

inmyplace13 said:
So, who's getting Heima tomorry? It looks to be high on the exquisiteness scale.

It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

:happy:

I was lucky enough to see a screening of the film and it truly is a fabulous piece of work.

Splurged and bought the Limited Edition version. Probably not worth the extra money, but Sigur deserves it (not that Ros character though).

I'm going to see what I can do to get a screening in my town. I know a guy. :hyper:

I bought it today; it's quite awesome. Love the intimacy of the small shows; I think I might just die if I get the chance to see them live. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom